The Insight Guides Phrasebook app is packed with all the words and phrases you need to feel at home while you’re away. From ‘How do I get to town?’ to ‘Can I join you?’ –all you need to know is right here in one little app.
Download it for free, test it for as long as you need and buy the full version of any phrasebook of your choice through an in-app purchase!
Each app includes:
• Up to 1,550 words and phrases useful for typical travel situations
• Additional travel dictionary containing up to 1,900 entries
• Menu Reader – use it every time you visit a restaurant
• Need to Know phrases spoken by native speakers for perfect pronunciation
• Cantonese Chinese
***** Special Offer! Full pack of 20 phrasebooks just 5.99 EUR! *****
Enjoy fast, effective and useful features!
• Spotlight search to quickly access your Favourites and Flash Cards
• Search for words directly in large dictionary entries
• Find the words you need easily: full text search, wildcard search, list of similar words, anagrams search
• Audio pronunciation of frequently used phrases recorded by native speakers
• Flexible font size settings for your convenience
• Keep the most important words and phrases to hand by adding to your Favorites
• History includes your recently viewed entries
• Test your knowledge with the Flash Card Quiz
• Once purchased, the phrase books can be easily restored at any time
• No ongoing Internet connection required
= = = = = = = =
About Apa Publications:
Apa Publications produces Insight Travel Guides and Berlitz travel and language-learning guides. The company has over 40 years’ experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides translated into 19 languages and sold worldwide. Apa Publications provides travel inspiration and useful information in beautifully designed, high-quality print guide books, picture-packed ebooks, and easy-to-use apps.
minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Went through the Cantonese phrase booklet and then through this app. I’m so glad I found this, it’s really amazing. It’s hard to find resources for Cantonese that are so extensive, mind you. Many thanks, again!
As I’ve already known a bit of Cantonese, I found a lot of it accurate and amazing. It sounds quite like native speakers. Perhaps all of it, but I thought the ‘au’ sounded weird is all. Maybe that’s just me.
Anyway, pretty much everything is easy to access and well organized, which I thank you.
But the in-app keyboard for searching characters was only recognizing English letters, and no Chinese symbols. Putting in 二 got ‘L’ or ‘t’. The settings seemed fine though. Though Apple does have a keyboard for Chinese, which solves that.
For suggestions, I think if you could possibly play audio in the background and have the app cycle through words, it would be mind-blowing. Though it’s already mind-blowing.
Plus, I don’t know why your Insight Guide Phrasebook for Cantonese says Cantonese speakers “speak Cantonese”, but “write/written in Mandarin Chinese”. Mandarin is also spoken, as is Cantonese, not written. The characters are Chinese, not Mandarin Chinese.
- APA Publications (UK) Ltd.
- 108.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Apa Publications (UK) Ltd. 2012 Aimer Media Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Guides Spanish Phrasebook $0.99
- Insight Guides Portuguese Phrasebook $0.99
- Insight Guides Italian Phrasebook $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.