Design on the go with the InVision app.
Bring screens to life in a Prototype, present Studio files, brainstorm with your team with Freehand, see recent activity in Conversations, and more. It’s all available in real time, from anywhere.
With the latest InVision app, you can:
- View and comment on Prototypes and Boards
- Present and mirror Studio files on any device
- Easily user test your prototypes
- Wireframe and brainstorm with Freehand
- Stay up-to-date on notifications through Conversations
- Force refresh prototypes and access them offline
- Enjoy a faster, higher fidelity experience
Hi iOS users,
This build includes some landscape improvements for iPad users after they are logged in.
If you have any feedback or thoughts, please contact us by reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for being an InVision user!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App crashes when accessing every single prototype
The app is useless except for viewing comments. The app crashes after viewing any of my teams various prototypes after about 30 seconds. This happens every single time, for every single prototype. These crashes defeat the entire purpose of downloading and using the application.
The UX of the app doesn’t matter if the app crashes every time you try to view a profile. Useless! InVision really needs to pay more attention to squashing bugs, not only on this application, but on the web based application as well on desktop. I’ve sent their support team multiple problems/tickets when trying to expand groups in a prototype and not being able to expand or collapse groups of mock-ups. They offered no support and told me they would tell the product team. Here it is a year later and it’s still a huge issue with both myself using it, as well as my entire UX team of 18 team members. Not good!
Very disappointed in InVision’s quality. It could be great if only a few bugs were taken care. Without fixes, the bugs completely cripple the experience and usage on mobile and desktop.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, sorry to hear about your issue. Could you please contact me (email@example.com) so we can investigate further? We will look into these crashes for you asap and get them resolved. Hope to hear from you and thank you for your patience.
No care here, disappointed
As involved as InVision is with the modern day design industry, it’s very odd how little attention or care their mobile app seems to get.
This app is lacking in almost every way. In fact the only thing it does well is allow you to tap through prototypes. That’s fine, but only accounts for about 10% of what the full InVision platform offers.
1. No settings. It’s impossible to do any kind of editing or configuring of your prototypes. Something as simple as allowing me to enable or disable the status bar on the fly seems like a no-brainer. This is literally a read-only application (apart from comments)
2. No Apple Pencil support. Their desktop version has a great freehand tool that allows you to scribble notes on your screens. You would *think* they would extend that tech to the iPad + Apple Pencil, but it is noticeably absent. The iPad app is just an upscaled version of the iPhone one and gives the middle finger to anyone trying to use the iPad as a serious professional tool.
3. No workflow access. Again this app is lacking basic features from the web version that would be incredibly easy to implement.
4. Activity Feed? Permissions? Account management? All missing.
To be honest I wouldn’t as disappointed about this as I am if InVision didn’t block you from accessing the site on a mobile browser. There is no reason I shouldn’t be able to use Safari on my iPad Pro to make quick edits or changes to prototypes or account management.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we wanted to provide you an update. In our last release, we have introduced our Freehand functionality for iPad which supports Apple Pencil. We are continuing to add more functionality and address the issues you have mentioned here, so please stay tuned. Thank you again for the thorough feedback and we'll be in touch soon.
A complete mobile and iPad failure
I’ve seen many other reviews on this and I do not understand how so many voices failed to be recognized. After all, they are just your users....
1. First and foremost, who decided that locking the rotation was a good idea? I understand the hypothesis, but in actual practice, this is terribly annoying in every way possible. InVision is not merely just a ‘mirror’ app — it doesn’t absolutely *have* to maintain its original design spec environment. When viewing mobile designs on an iPad, its rotated 45º because I’m on a landscape view on the iPad. We have an email thread of 182 employees in my company raving on about how badly this has disrupted our pipeline. Moving to Figma seems like a no-brainer now.
2. NOTHING on iOS platforms reveal the ability to manage your projects or art boards. A large chunk of people are actually moving entirely to iPad and mobile to do 90% of their design ‘management’. I cant invite anyone to a project, modify ‘share’ settings, delete an artboard or project, drag anything around, inspect code...nothing. It’s confusing. It’s been this way for several years and I’ve written about this at least 4x now (that I’ve found emails on).
3. Lastly, I just found out that, even on the iPad (as with mobile), I can’t view projects on the web browser. I’m done with it. I’ve given InVision over 4 yrs to change this stuff and other tools are running laps in front of the improvements you’ve so slowly made.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.