Iphigénie is the hiking map app for outdoor enthusiasts in France and around the world. Perfect for individuals (hikers, trailers, bikers, horse riders…) and professionals (guides, firefighters, surveyors, airmen, sailors, etc.) who need accurate maps.
Find more than 40 detailed topographic basemaps (including IGN maps, SwissTopo, IGN Spain, OpenTopo, OpenSnow, land registry, slope inclination), even while offline.
BEFORE YOUR OUTING
- Prepare your outing by downloading maps to access them offline
- Create, edit and import tracks
- Create and import markers (e.g. mushroom spots, departure points of routes, etc.)
- Print sections of the map if you need to
- Search for a specific location by name or by GPS details
- Access routes or landmarks from IGNRando or Data-Avalanche
- Access a 3D view and slope inclinations
DURING YOUR OUTING
- Geolocate yourself on the basemap of your choice
- Follow routes using GPS, without worrying about network availability
- Record your track
- Access real-time information such as distance traveled, elevation (±), average speed, current speed, estimated time of arrival, etc.
- Activate the beacon function to allow your loved ones to follow your progress in real-time
- Create specific voice alerts to guide you, even with your iPhone in your pocket
AFTER YOUR OUTING
- Create groups of tracks/landmarks
- Store and backup all your data in the Cloud
- Export your GPS tracks and landmarks in GPX format
- Share your outings and landmarks with all your friends
What our customers say about us:
" Thanks to Iphigénie, I discover a lot of amazing new places. I note the slopes, the summits, the lakes... It saves me precious time, especially in remote places where there are very few indications and markings! ".
In the press :
20 minutes: " Hiking, like outdoor activities, has not missed the digital shift, as Alice (25) comments. "It's hugely appreciated to be able to check accurate IGN maps, including when you no longer have a connection, as happens a lot in the high mountains".
Download the free basic app
Download the basic application for free on your smartphone. This version allows you to be geolocated on one of the 25 free base maps such as Open Topo Map, Open Cycle Map, Open Snow map. The world is within reach!
You will also have access to real-time information such as your position/course/altitude/speed.
Download the complete app with the “Iphigénie Carto” subscription
The Iphigénie Carto subscription is €24.99 per year. It gives you access to 40 base maps including those of IGN. These maps can be downloaded on your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Watch) so that you can access them even without a network.
You also have access to the full potential of Iphigénie by finding all the features mentioned above.
Good to know: you have 7 days to test the complete app for free.
List of available maps:
- IGN France
- IGN Spain
- IGN Belgium
- BKG Germany
- Kartverket Norway
- Cartographic Institute of Catalunya
- Satellite view
- Slope inclination
- Restricted areas for drones
- Historical maps of France
- Geological and mining maps (France)
- National Forestry Office
We donate 1% of our turnover to 1% for the Planet to help preserve the environment.
MADE IN FRANCE
This version fixes the problem when displaying IGN maps on the watch
Ratings and Reviews
Très utile pour la randonnée
Une app bien conçue pour les randonneurs. Télécharger une étape ou deux, puis suivre le chemin grâce au GPS de l'iPhone. J'en ai profité sur le GR 654 de Tonnerre à St.-Amand-Montrond. La vue satellite de Google Maps est un complément parfait.
Ok, so obviously several reviews are in English and the lack of English documentation is an issue they should address eventually. But as it is--for me at least--things speak for themselves! It's maps, people: you zoom in and out and back and forth and voila, all of France is on your device. I'm currently one month into a year-long hiking journey in France and the $16 price has paid for itself dozens of times over (each IGN map, printed, is not only cumbersome and heavy, but quite expensive) already. The GR trails are extensively mapped and nearly *every* feature is named and displayed, from the Louvre to ramshackle outhouses in Provence. The trail blazes themselves are sometimes sparse and less than perfect; it is then that this app is worth its electronic weight in gold. DO YOUR RESEARCH to determine if it's the right app for you, and take advantage of the English section on their website's forum BEFORE you buy. Do that, and I promise you'll thank your lucky etoiles for this app every day.
Replaces stacks of expensive French roadmaps
This app, being free and utterly simple seems at first another insignificant free app. BUT in action traveling throughout several regions including around Paris this app is an amazing tool. With a 3G or MiFi based wifi connection and using the GPS-equipped iPad, one can access detailed roadmaps without unfolding the very large, expensive and diabolically folded road maps common sold in France in the front seat, cutting off the driver's view and generally causing nervousness in the midst of trying not to miss still ANOTHER exit or a haphazardly posted road sign. Instead you can quickly access your region, your route itself, and expand to incredible detail or get a regional view. Plus, you location is shown by a little icon that is animated and not too small but not too big to be distracting. Get this if you plan to travel in France by car and by the time you will be there will be micro SIMs you can pop in and you've got a mobile stack of French roadmaps for free (right now). Saved us at least twice from being lost or ending up on the wrong auto route, which in France is a costly (literally) mistake.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 52.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Iphigénie
- In-App Purchases
- Geoportail $14.99
- iPhiGéNie Vmax $4.99
- Iphigénie Carto subscription $24.99
- Cartoweb topo Belgium $9.99