iSmartClock with Full Screen and Mouse Detection is a very special clock for your Mac. It is smart because of its minimalistic and elegant design and because it knows when you need it and when you do not. It never gets in the way.
There are many clock applications out there that are often great to look at but cannot be used on a regular basis because of their CPU/graphic card misuse or because they lack important and practical features. iSmartClock wants to make up for all of that.
You can keep it showing all the time anywhere on your screen on top of everything. It will not disturb you because you can customize its look and it gently fades away every time you mouse over it. You can also have it appear only when you are working in Full Screen mode in another application (menu bar and system clock are hidden in Full Screen, so you cannot normally know what time it is).
Every time you need it you can use a keyboard shortcut to display the clock for a number of seconds, if it is not showing. A shortcut is also available to activate and deactivate it in a snap.
- Menu bar application: no icon in your Dock
- Possibility to disable icon in order to save space in your menu bar
- Very low computer resource usage
- Option to automatically start at login
- Full Screen recognition to show the clock if you enter Full Screen mode in another application: at last you can now know the time without moving your mouse to get the menu bar to show up!
- Mouse detection: clock hides itself when you mouse over it or if you drag something on it (can also be temporarily disabled)
- Digital (12h, AM/PM, 24h) or analog display
- Additional digital clock in application menu
- Animated seconds 'filling' the circular track: they let you focus on hours and minutes
- Customization of color, opacity, and size of all elements: your imagination is the limit
- Ability to save one combination of values (color, opacity, and size) as a Favorite
- Date displayed in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish: even if the application is (at the moment) only in English, you can have your clock showing in another language (more languages to come)
- Possibility to copy clock image to clipboard to later paste it into documents: create a colorful timestamp, surprise your friends!
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts to activate/deactivate clock and to display it momentarily.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your valuable feedback.
If you like this application, please do not forget to rate it in the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It just works (and looks cool).
I’m a 25 year Mac user (not a 25 year old). I’ve seen a lot of apps that have essential functions but are clunky. They go quickly in the trash bin. Then there are those that are pretty, but not worth the CPU cycles — to the trash! iSmartClock works quietly, smoothly, and is cleverly thought out.
I really appreciate that it fades from view when mousing over it. That keeps it from ever being in the way. The app has allowed me to remove the date and time from my menubar, giving me room for at least 5 more app menulets. I haven’t spent much time exploring the customization options because I like the default, but I’m sure I’ll get there.
It’s inexpensive, quiet, smooth, and looks great. The only thing clunky about it is its name. :)
This clock is very handy. I have to use a VM with Windows and RDC to a Windows server as well, and this clock is right there to let me know the right time (server is in a different time zone). LIke I said, very handy. Works well. Doesn't seem to use much memory. All around pretty darn good. I like that it gets itself out of the way easily when you need it to.
Just bought this clock
I just paid $2.99 for this widget, after reading several reviews… So far, the customization is pretty good, but I do not understand why you can not change the color of the actual numbers and letters, so they will stand out more. It would also be nice to have different shapes available, instead of only round. Nothing unusual, just rectangle or square… I do like that you can make the clock more or less opaque and that you can change the brightness of the information. I’ll keep playing with it, and also hope that the developer reads these suggestions.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is possible to change the elements’ color. Open the Appearance preferences and click once (not twice) on the “color well” (a small rectangle) situated on the left of the slider that controls the opacity of each element. The system Colors window will appear, letting you customizing the element’s color. If you need any more help, feel free to click on Contact Support (app menu). Best regards, AR
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.