JACS, Journal of the American College of Surgeons
Now available for both iPad and iPhone! It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with the most important advances in the practice of surgery. The JACS app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap.
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the JACS website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Journal of the American College of Surgeons
JACS is a monthly journal publishing peer-reviewed original contributions on all aspects of surgery, including, original clinical studies, review articles, and experimental investigations with clear clinical relevance. As the official scientific journal of the American College of Surgeons, JACS provides its readers with the highest quality rapid retrieval of information relevant to surgeons.
iTunes Subscriptions to JACS, Journal of the American College of Surgeons
A single issue of the journal for $31.99
1-year subscription to the journal for $239.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
iTunes Subscriber’s Auto-Renew Feature
Yearly iTunes subscriptions will automatically renew each year unless you cancel. You can cancel at any time and up to 24 hours before your current subscription expires. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the same price for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Along with our regular bug fixes, this version enables segmented push notifications! When launched, you will be able to select which journals and what type of content you would like to receive via push.
Ratings and Reviews
Not very easy to use.
Update 26 Aug 2014:
Update deleted all the the previously downloaded volumes. And it will not download anything. Updated to a newer iPad and still is useless. I reiterate - one of the worst apps on my iPad.
Still doesn't work. Easily the WORST app on my iPad. Slow. Requires multiple logins. Web site to resolve issues is HORRIBLE. Overall the biggest waste of time with lamentable support.
Great app! Highly functional & easy to use!
I have enjoyed the previous journal apps from Elsevier and this new version will let me log in to the app using my journal credentials. This version is also useful for non subscribers as they may buy single issues or even yearly subscriptions from apple if needed.
Very Poor Design
-Instead of scrolling it will often open the underlying article or author info
-No way to search for articles or authors that are not already downloaded
-50% of the home screen is wasted with open space, banners, and an advertisement. Really? An ad? JACS requires a paid subscription or ACS membership, so why is space being wasted with this?
- Elsevier Inc.
- 105.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- JACS annual subscription $239.99
- JACS single issue $31.99
- JACS single issue $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.