KakaoTalk is an easy, no-cost messenger that transcends standard chat.
Make chatting extra fun with an array of emoticons and sticker collections.
More about KakaoTalk:
- Chosen by more than 200 million users worldwide
- Fast, fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family
- Uses Internet connection (3G or Wi-Fi) for calls and messaging
- KakaoTalk conveniently syncs your chats with your mobile device. Friends all over the world are never far from reach with KakaoTalk.
Chat one-on-one or in a group, any time of day, as much as you like.
- VoiceTalk & FaceTalk
Make calls and video calls around the clock and around the world—for free!
Have fun with your friends using the Talking Tom and Ben voice filters
as well as our unique video filters.
- Send & receive a variety of files
Share photos, videos and more with your KakaoTalk friends in your chatroom.
- Remote log out and lock mode
Remote log out allows you to keep your KakaoTalk secure at all times – no need to worry if you step away from your desk in a hurry. Plus enable lock mode to keep your data safe automatically.
• Added support for macOS Big Sur updates
• Expanded the types of file formats that can be sent
• Other bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
it’s nice to have a pc version of kakaotalk but it gets super inconvenient especially with the new update on mobile where you can physically reply to a specific message in a gc. i can’t see it on the pc, only showing a “Unable to show message. Please see on mobile”. super inconvenient :/ also lots of glitches in chat :(:( also, it would be nice if there’s a search function for friends…. can’t add anyone…… hopefully it updates soon!!!
Good, but still not on par with PC version
As of the 2.3.9 version,
It’s a great app, as you can type with ten fingers and on a 11/13-inch screen, instead of two fingers and ~4/5-inch screens.
It has made for improved efficiency in allowing you to collaborate with others, so you can get your work done in a shorter time.
With that said, these next few improvements would make this a 5-star app. (The PC version of the app allows most, if not all, of these.)
- Plus Friends/YellowID_ It is inconvenient having to check messages that have come from Plus Friends/YellowID only on the phone.
- Posts/Links_ You can only check posts, links, polls, etc., and you canNOT create. (Again, you have to do it on your phone.)
- Search_ As of Kakao for iOS (~6.5.1), you can search for people even in the Chats window. It removed the hassle of searching in Chats for someone (with whom you find you had no recent chat history) and searching for him/her again in Contacts.
I can’t think of more at the moment, but all in all I hope the Mac version will soon be on par with the PC version.
This app does the job. It can send and receive messages and attach files and pictures.
However there are a lot of things that could be improved in the Mac version of this app. The UI on the mac version makes no sense. It should be like the PC version of the app (and most other chat apps) where all the chat windows are put into one window and have a list on the left to choose between the different chats, instead of opening a new window for each chatroom. Second, why isn't spell check enabled for each window by default? Also loading images from each chat takes a really long time compared to other chat apps.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kakao Corp.
- 67.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.