- Offers In-App Purchases
KaniManabu is an app that allows people who are studying Japanese to learn new vocabulary and Kanji effectively on macOS. What makes KaniManabu different is that it's easier to use compared to Anki and it requires the user to type in the answer by default instead of multiple choice. There are also three different card types, Kanji, Vocabulary, and Kana Vocabulary, which allows users to easily create decks and cards without messing with templates. Best of all, your decks and study progress are stored on iCloud, not stored on a third party service.
KaniManabu has the following features:
* Custom decks with three types to choose from (Kana, Kanji, and Vocab)
* Decks are saved and synced to iCloud, making them accessible across all your Macs (and eventually iOS devices) and works offline.
* Easy to use, fully native, and macOS optimized interface
* WaniKani style SRS review system
* Learning mode, which allow you to “learn” the cards before reviewing them. After a learning session, the newly learned cards goes into the review queue.
* Ability to lookup words from other resources (Dictionary.app, Monokakido’s Dictionaries app, and online resources)
* Ability to tag cards for future reference.
* TTS support (macOS, Microsoft Azure Speech, and IBM Watson)
* Browse cards by SRS stage and critical condition items (cards that are answered correctly less than 70% of the time).
* Ability to suspend cards
* Ability to import decks (CSV format)
* Ability to view critical items (cards that are answered less than 70% correct)
* You can add notes to cards and view them in item view or leaning mode (HTML and Markdown supported)
* Anki mode (see answer and click correct/incorrect button)
* Ability to enable/disable decks
* Ability to reset cards to the first SRS level
* Optional WaniKani integration for viewing mnemonics used in user-created vocabulary cards.
KaniManabu is free to use with limitations. There is a three deck limitation with a nag message at launch. Also, user won't have access to Microsoft Azure and IBM Watson neural voices for Vocabulary and Kana. A subscription grants the following:
* Access to Microsoft Azure and IBM Watson Neural/Life-like Voices for study
* Removes Deck Limit
* Removes Nag Message
More features for subscribers are planned in the future.
More features are coming for subscribers in the future that can help you power up your Japanese studies.
Adds additional features for review
# New Features
* Add option to disallow imprecise answers
* Add ability to suspend cards during a review
* Added toolbar button to suspend a card in the deck browser
* Add option to remove a card from the current review session (leave card in review queue)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Moy
- 7.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2009-2022, MAL Updater OS X Group Software
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $17.99
- Lifetime $49.99
- Monthly $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.