The Kansas City Scout Traffic app provides commuters and travelers with mobile access to information for Kansas City metro area roadways from the Kansas City Scout's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). The available information includes:
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) Current traffic conditions on Kansas City metro area's freeways and major surface streets
3) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
4) Special events that affect traffic (sport events, etc.)
5) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
6) Electronic roadway sign messages
Better support Dark Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App is completely worthless if you don't have WiFi. Nothing will load.
The July update solved app loading issues, but didn't solve the problem the app has with syncing info from the same servers that supply the electronic billboards or even the kc scout website. The majority of the time upon starting the app you see spinning wheels vs # of incidents, and when you do see info it's likely out of date.. people please contact the kc scout office through the website and ask them to solve the issues.. hopefully the more contacts they get, the faster they'll solve the problems
All I wanted was to be able to easily navigate a map and view the various live webcams around the KC Metro area. This app delivered that. I wouldn’t use it for anything else, TBH. If you’re looking for incident reporting, use maps/google maps/waze. If you wanna check cameras though, this app’ll be your huckleberry!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.