A useful tool for Oil & Gas students and professionals to calculate the Kick Tolerance on vertical and directional wells ("build and hold" and "horizontal single curve").
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in the drilling operations (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
For new features, report bugs, improvements and suggestions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This version is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells, save data to files.
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Pressure;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analysis.
Visit our website for User Guide with informations about these two concepts of kick tolerance.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files (save / load data file);
4) Wells with subsea stack and surface stack;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the wellbore (Riser, Casing, Liner and open hole), drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units and also per parameter;
11) Drill string sections: Drill pipe 1, Drill pipe 2, Heavy-weight drill pipe, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
12) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
13) Imports well data files from other apps "Drilling Hydraulics 1 and 2", "Well Control Methods", "Drilling Simulators 1, 2 and 3", "Well Control Simulator", "LOT Simulator", "MPD Simulator", "Kick Game"
14) Support for deviated wells ("build and hold" and "horizontal single curve" with builder and plotter)
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
- Added compatibility with dark mode view
- Added fullscreen mode and ability to resize graph views
- Added some improvements
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carlos Moura
- 12 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Carlos Moura, All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.