The koto (Japanese: 箏) is a Japanese stringed musical instrument derived from the Chinese zheng, and similar to the Mongolian yatga, the Korean gayageum, and the Vietnamese đàn tranh.
The koto is the national instrument of Japan. Koto are about 180 centimetres (71 in) length, and made from kiri wood (Paulownia tomentosa). They have 13 strings that are usually strung over 13 movable bridges along the width of the instrument. There is also a 17-string variant. Players can adjust the string pitches by moving the white bridges before playing. To play the instrument, the strings are plucked using three finger picks (thumb, index finger, and middle finger).
- Full string Koto with 13 string
- Koto tuner
- Connect with real Koto with Koto detector notes (Note Recognizer) from micro
- Supports a wide variety of keyboard instruments (midi file) (Piano, Grand Piano, Pipe Organ, Harpsichord, Accordion, Electric Guitar, Harp, Cello Pizzicato, Guzheng, Nylon Guitar, Plucked String, Music Box, Sitar, Xylophone, Harp, Vibes, Clarinet, Ukulele, Brass, Thai Bells, Tabbla, Dizi, Banjo, Flute, Saxophone, Cellto, Hamonica, Trumpet, Violin, Panpipe, Maracas, Tuba, Dulcimer, Kalimba,...)
- Lessons mode for easy learning
- Music games to practice
- Magic Koto mode added
- Be able to record audio while playing
- Play with 650,000+ song from music songbooks
- Daily Challenge mode
- Global Leaderboard
- Multi-touch and swipe supported
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This would be 5 stars if I didn't have to toggle my phone off silent to hear the instrument. Other music apps have the instrument heard when on silent.
Best music app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.