LanguageTool - Grammar Checker 4+
Grammar, Style & Spell Checker
- Offers In-App Purchases
LanguageTool is your intelligent writing assistant for all common browsers, word processors and Macs
Using state-of-the-art technology, LanguageTool finds more errors than comparable spell checkers and additionally enriches your texts with helpful grammar and style suggestions for more than 20 languages.
The importance of written communication is increasing, especially in times where working from home is more in demand. Ensure that your writing is proficient and professional at all times by using LanguageTool to prevent embarrassing spelling mistakes and avoid colloquial phrases.
Studies have shown that impeccable grammar and sophisticated language use have a positive impact on your professional career. Don't ruin opportunities by making annoying typos.
• Grammar and style check: Get suggestions that enrich your text grammatically and stylistically
• Commas: LanguageTool reliably finds missing commas and helps to avoid misunderstandings
• Multilingual: Check texts in a variety of languages, including English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch
• Language variants: LanguageTool distinguishes between common language variants, such as American English and British English, and provides customized suggestions
• Synonyms: Get synonym suggestions for commonly used words to add variety to your word choice
• Picky mode: Get even more suggestions to help you reliably check your texts for inappropriate phrases or colloquialisms
• Salutations and names: Detect misspelled names and salutations in emails before you send them out
• Number formats: Recognition and correction of common number formats such as IBAN or ISBN
## Browser extension
The free LanguageTool browser extension does not require a user account and detects errors in almost all text fields on the web, including Google Docs, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter.
• No user account required
• Texts are never saved to protect your privacy
• Check texts in almost all text fields on the web
A free user account gives you access to the LanguageTool Editor. Benefit from the distraction-free environment of the editor and save all your texts for later use.
• Distraction-free writing environment for concentrated writing
• Save texts and notes for later
• Copy text from popular word processors (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Open Office, etc.) without losing important formatting
• Define a keyboard shortcut and open texts in the clipboard directly in the editor
• Use the "LT" icon in the menu bar of your Mac to write new texts
• Open texts from many apps directly in LanguageTool Editor by using the Share menu
Please send bug reports or questions to https://forum.languagetool.org/.
## Supported languages:
English (Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand, South Africa, USA), French, German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Asturian, Belarusian, Breton, Catalan (also Valencian), Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Galician, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Ukrainian, Arabic
Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love This Tool
It’s very simple and effective. It gives me that small advice I need. I use it on mobile so I’m basing this review off of a mobile standpoint.
Checking your writing is very simple and easy to do. It’s really effective for basic texting on social media or friends. I highly recommended this over Grammarly. Last great part about it gives you a great experience for free! Yes free. They haven’t bugged me about purchasing anything for more in depth corrections and such.
Five star app. I really would like to give an applause to the developers for this one. Great app guys.
The app makes errors
I found more grammatical errors made by this App than others even I have a paid version of it. For example: Did the court err on applying.... The App suggest to change err to "errs" or "erred" because the court is singlar. In addition, other Apps suggest to use "in" instead of "on". I also found that the App some time goes circules, suggest to change a word to a different one, but then suggest to change it back on second check. I bought it becasue it states it use AI for grammar checkiing. Now I realize that all grammar checking use AI. I hope that the App could help me to write without error, not to introduce different error.
Hundreds of times better than Grammarly
I've been a customer of Grammarly since the time Grammarly first came out. I loved Grammarly. But in the last year or so Grammarly has gotten to be to time consuming. I'm looking for efficeny. Grammarly is marking things down and recommending this that not correct. It takes more time dismissing all these wrong recommendations. I've been using LanguageTool for over a month now and LOVE IT. It's efficent. Spot on and cheaper than Grammarly. Best of all. It has an extension for LibreOffice and OpenOffice. Goodbye Grammarly. Never looking back!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LanguageTooler GmbH
- 29.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 LanguageTooler GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Yearly Subscription $59.99
- Premium Monthly Subscription $19.99
- Premium 3-Month Subscription $39.99