Make the world a fun stage for music, dance and imagination.
Discover a whole new way to play with LEGO® VIDIYO™: an exciting new music video maker that lets your kids express their passion for music, dance and play in a completely safe and positive social networking community for young creatives. Using augmented reality to bring our all-new LEGO Bandmates to life, kids can rebuild their everyday world and direct, produce and star in their very own music videos to the beat of their own imagination. A fun, interactive social network app for kids to turn screen time into creativity time, LEGO VIDIYO sets the stage for the next generation of young music creatives to be inspired, everywhere.
For kids to express their creative passions & make their own music videos!
With the LEGO VIDIYO music video maker, kids can:
- Scan their physical LEGO VIDYO minifigures and watch them dancing and performing in their music video creations
- Customize their minifigures with stylish outfits and accessories
- Assemble a collection of LEGO VIDIYO minifigures — and with lots of different characters to collect, each inspired by different music genres, they can start a cool music group of dancers, rappers, guitarists, drummers, singers and more!
- Scan and use their character’s physical special effect BeatBits to customize music video performances with special dance moves, cool music effects, colorful scenery changes, costumes — it’s all possible in our fun, music video making app!
- Transform real-life locations into a stage for their customized music video performances
- Use emoticons to comment on posts in the moderated social feed and find inspiration for their next performance
- Explore fun editorial content from the LEGO team
Safe, moderated, kids’ social media app for young music lovers
- Once your child has created their short music video, they can save performances on the app or share their moderated, short videos with the online community
- ALL music video uploads and comments are moderated before being shared in the community, ensuring a safe and positive experience for everyone
- Avatars and app-generated usernames keep all users anonymous and safe
- Verify your child’s account to control the actions they can perform and unlock the full LEGO VIDIYO creative experience for your child
- This short music video maker with music is brand new and free to download and use
- To take part in image and music video sharing with the community, users will need a LEGO account
- To share the first video upload in the free music video maker app, verified parental consent is required just once in the form of a one-time ID document, credit or debit card review to ensure the person verifying is an adult. Verification is totally FREE of charge. Your ID or card details will not be stored anywhere on our systems. Account verification is quick, easy and is required once
We use your personal information to manage your account and review anonymized data to provide a safe, immersive, social networking and musical play experience for kids. You can learn more here: https://www.lego.com/privacy-policy and here: https://www.lego.com/legal/notices-and-policies/terms-of-use-for-lego-apps/.
- For app support, please contact LEGO Customer Service: www.lego.com/service
- The list of compatible devices for the augmented reality avatar feature can be found at www.lego.com/service/device-guide
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. 2022 ©The LEGO Group.
To make it easier for you to create cool music videos, we update the LEGO® VIDIYO™ app regularly.
This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements for speed and reliability. Zoom zoom!
Have a question? For further app support, contact us via: www.LEGO.com/service
Ratings and Reviews
I love Lego VIDIYO!
I love Lego VIDIYO! So fun! After that one update last year ( think it was after Halloween or Christmas, one of those,), I lost all my stuff. My outfits, beatbits, bands, etc. were all gone! Somehow my gallery had all the videos though. After scanning the boombox, all the Series one minifigs, nearly all the S1 beatbits, and a half-dozen beat-boxes, I am not really motivated to scan them all again. ( still really love the sets) please fix this issue! I know there might not be much to do about it, and I don’t have a Lego life account to log back into. There is another glitch where it always asks my date of birth, as if it were making me redo the tutorial. Lego VIDIYO is still a definite keeper, and I hope they release the S2 figures in our region and stop discontinuing the already released ones. I sincerely hope this does not go the same way LEGO Hidden Side went. Keep on with those fresh updates! See ya!
Developer Response ,
We're so glad you're enjoying LEGO® VIDIYO™! We know it may be frustrating to lose progress, but make sure you create a LEGO account so you can save all your hard work! If you continue to run into problems we're always here to help over at LEGO.build/Service-Apple. Keep rockin' on! 🎸 - Jayare, LEGO® Customer Service
Great premise but needs fixing
I only bought the VIDIYO beat box & a bandmate cause I thought they were neat figures. Out of curiosity I decided to try out the app that accustomed these figures and I must agree with these other reviews. The application crashes and loading goes on forever without end. I tried to do a video, er sorry, a VIDIYO accompanied by music and I chose my band and clicked the little play button. The loading started and just kept going. I eventually left the app and tried again and yielded the same results. I want to genuinely experience this app but as of right now, that’s not going to happen until bugs are fixed and patched. I think it’s kind of funny as well that LEGO created a whole new line specifically for an app that doesn’t work as of right now. They had time to test this app out before launching this entirely new experience with LEGO but unless they fix it, people aren’t going to want to continue. However, with all that being said, overall I think VIDIYO has a lot of potential. It’s a great premise and I think kids could have a whole lot of fun with it. Will it be as influential as TikTok? No, but this is a perfect substitute for parents of kids who would like to participate in similar social media. It could also get kids to be more creative with their backgrounds that the band plays in front of and with what dances they perform with the band.
Basically, TL;DR great premise and experience with lots of potential, just needs some fixing up.
Good idea. Atrocious execution.
Four out of five times, the app hangs or crashes. If you’re lucky that everything works, getting through the insane amount of choices or load screens, including the redundant warnings, takes 7–10 minutes, at which time kids have invariably moved on to doing something else. Talk about knowing your audience! When you get to finding a location, more often than not the app won’t be able to place the bandmate. If this happens, there’s no back button or a way to reload. Seven minutes in, you’ll just have to quit, reopen and go through the whole process again. Mind you, it doesn’t even save the kid’s age at the very beginning, so I do mean the whole process. If all stars align, you happen to be of the correct zodiac sign and it’s your lucky day, you finally get to shoot a video an hour into this frustrating process, and you’re gloriously treated to... nothing. It turns out to be a regular video of the kids dancing. You click buttons, but the bandmate never shows up. No effects whatsoever. I’m two bandmates into this hole, zero videos accomplished, and I guess I’ll have to upgrade to an iPhone from three years in the future before I have enough processing power to make any of this work.
Developer Response ,
We’re so sorry that you've had issues with the app. We've now updated the app to make sure our fans have a better and more stable VIDIYO™ experience, so we’d like to ask you to try again! 😃🎵 The app should now be working without freezing or crashing. ✔📱 If you still have problems with the app, please get in touch at LEGO.build/Service-Apple! 🙂📞
- Manouk, LEGO® Customer Service.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LEGO System A/S
- 491.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2022 The LEGO Group