The world's first real lehra mobile app, just got a whole heap better.
Lehra Studio has taken lehra app technology to the next level, with their extensively upgraded and highly anticipated model, Lehra Studio Pro. Whether you are a student or an experienced player, the Lehra Studio Pro edition will revolutionise your riaz.
Lehra Studio Pro features authentic and superbly recorded sarangi, harmonium, sitar and santoor lehra. It also offers an even more extensive collection of lehra recorded in 11 different taals and over 50 varieties of raags.
Whats new in Lehra Studio Pro:
- Lehra recorded by world renowned artists: Sangeet Mishra, Sandip Chatterjee, Allarakha Kalawant, Hiranmoy Mitra, Sourav Ganguly and Ustad Roshan Ali Khan
- An extensive sound library 4 times larger than the original app, Lehra Studio
- Real sarangi, harmonium, sitar and santoor recorded in over 50 varieties of raags
- An established full comprehensive list of common taals: Teentaal, Roopak Taal, Jhaptaal, Ektaal, Kerherwa and Dadra
- A complete range of unique taals: Dhamar, Pancham Sawari, Chautaal, Char Taal Ki Sawari and Matta Taal
- A broad tempo spectrum, ranging from 30 to 500 beats per minute
Lehra Studio’s experienced team have taken steps to ensure that the original essence of the instruments are retained. Users of the app can therefore benefit from unparalleled sound quality, which is rich with accuracy and authenticity.
The Lehra Studio Pro edition has retained all the handy features which are available in Lehra Studio:
- The user-friendly and clean interface
- A scale changer to allow pitch manipulation of the lehra from A# right upto the E semitone
- The fine-tune slider, allowing the tabla player to tune the lehra according to their individual tabla sound
- The accurate beat counter, assisting the tabla player with keeping precise tempo
-The lehra and tanpura volume bars, which allow for fine manipulation of volume according to every tabla player's unique preference
Removal of IAP purchase page
Ratings and Reviews
Could be much much better
I really hope the developers make a good update... ¿¿Why do I have to slide the volume down on the click track every time I open the app??? The interface is too tiny and bad.
Should have a pitch detection for tuning like the iLehra...Some recordings are decent while others are bad.. I love Sarangi but the playing / recoding sounds screechy ... Not enough variety and variations for other taals and instruments
santoor sounds good mostly but is not in all taals ... please update and I will change my review ... i paid good money for this but still prefer the iLehra app
Expensive and Subpar
There are so many problems with this app, I don't even know where to begin.
1. It does not disable the lock screen when using the app. So each time I use the app, I need to go into phone settings to disable it so that I can see the matra on the screen.
2. Volume settings don't persist between sessions. The metronome volume is mute on my UI but still going on in full volume in the background.
3. I just found out that this app collected usage information. There is no way to opt out. The opt out information leads to a page that doesn't exist. This is sneaky and unethical as there is no information about this provided web downloading the app or using it
4. The matra on screen and nagma are out of sync at various times.
5. Only some nagmas were recorded professionally. Recording quality on many taals are pretty bad and there is a screeching sound and background noise. Given how much money this app is priced at, it it's ridiculous.
Don't waste your money.
Disappointing at $29. Not even a single octave pitch range!!
I bought this app today based on a recommendation from my Tabla teacher because of original instrument sounds. I was shocked to find out that it supports only a short pitch range from A2 (110 Hz) to F3 (174.61 Hz) at this price of $29!!
That is 3 keys less than (F#, G & G#) even a single octave. To use it with my Tabla (at G#) I am forced to find another note in the range for the tune/raga, instead of just tuning to the tonic (base pitch) of the raga.
For Kehewa thaal, there is only a single raga with a single instrument. It would be nice to have more options for Keherwa.
There are many other technical and ease-of-use shortcomings in this app that can be improved as noted in some other reviews.
Will the developer support, at least, one full octave in the near future?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.