This extension allows for easily creating a special link to the currently selected text on a page via the context menu. When opening such a special link, a compatible browser will scroll the selected text into view and highlight it.
1) Select the text that you want to link to.
2) Right-click and choose "Copy Link to Selected Text" from the context menu.
3) If the link creation succeeded, the selected text will be briefly highlighted in yellow.
4) Paste your link wherever you want to share it.
Pro-tip: use a keyboard shortcut (by default: Command+Shift+L or Ctrl+Shift+L).
Background article: https://web.dev/text-fragments/
Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5DmGqnzvBI
For more information, see the Text Fragments specification (https://wicg.github.io/scroll-to-text-fragment/) where this feature is described.
This extension is open-source (https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/link-to-text-fragment) and licensed under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license.
Added French and Korean locales. Improved the text fragments polyfill.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Thomas Steiner Apps
- 3.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Thomas Steiner
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.