Link Unshortener expands shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL. Never again click a link before you know where it's going!
Made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/LinkUnshortener/support.html
• Handles link shorteners such as t.co (Twitter), bit.ly, tinyurl, and more!
• Automatically removes URL tracking parameters.
• Automatically upgrades URLs from http to https.
• No web cookies, storage, or caches. Generic User-Agent. Your anonymity and privacy is protected.
• Includes a share extension.
• Includes a Mac system service.
• Open the destination URL in your selected web browser, or copy to the clipboard. There are preferences to do these automatically!
• Compatible with StopTheMadness Web URL Rules and the Open Link with contextual menu item.
Link Unshortener is a Universal Binary ready for Apple silicon and macOS Big Sur.
• Added a preference to follow the Web URL Rules from the StopTheMadness browser extension. This feature was added in Link Unshortener 7.0, and now there's a checkbox to control it.
• Moved settings to a separate Preferences window. You can still temporarily override some settings in the main window.
• The default value for the Trim URL queries preference is now Known Trackers. This works better when Link Unshortener is the default web browser.
• Improved the workflow of the auto-open preference.
• When there's an unshorten error, the original URL is now selected in the results rather than the last URL.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple utility that does exactly what it promises
I use with StopTheMadness by the same developer and this utility works well together. Biggest issue with using with stopthemadness is the small amount of configuration required to connect the two.
Edit: The trimming only known trackers is a nice improvement. Most of the time older versions did a great job, but occassionally it would lose item or article ids along with the trackers. Easy enough to toggle, or go back a step or two but still a small extra step. So nice to see an improvement here.
Struggles with Slickdeals links, but solid for the most part.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! On Slickdeals, you might just need to disable Remove URL Queries.
Hasn't worked yet for me
Error pops up everytime
Developer Response ,
Please contact support: email@example.com
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jeff Johnson
- 1.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jeff Johnson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.