The LiveViewGPS Mobile Utility allows you to locate any LiveViewGPS "Live-Trac" series gps tracking device from your iPhone (You must have a "Live-Trac" gps tracking device (PT-10 series, G5, RTV5 or Nav Trac system to use this app).
View your assets, vehicle(s) and even any person anytime, or from anywhere in the world from your iPhone.
Note: "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
The Live-Trac GPS tracking systems can be found at our website www.LiveViewGPS.com.
About LiveViewGPS: LiveViewGPS, Inc. located in Southern California, is a Location Based Service Company (LBS). We provided gps tracking products and gps trackers to small and large businesses, law enforcement, and family safety. Solutions include vehicle and fleet-tracking systems, asset trackers, trailer tracking systems, surveillance monitoring tools, people tracking devices and gps asset protection equipment. Our clients include numerous Federal, State and local government agencies, Fortune 100 and 500 corporations, as well as numerous privately held companies throughout the United States and abroad. Visit us online at www.LiveViewGPS.com or call us at 1-888-544-0494 for more information.
Face ID authentication
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just an OK app
This app is good but maybe way too costly for what it does. Paying for a lIcense for Google maps seems a lame excuse for an added $3/month per vehicle charge, especially since GM comes standard with both the iPhone and the web version.
I also wish the app had some more of the functionality of the web based version. For these reasons the app loses at least one star in my book, maybe two.
It's definitely got potential to be a 5-star app, but it has some serious fee reduction and fine-tuning to accomplish that
Delayed location reporting is overt
This app has tendencies to report or show inaccurate vehicle locations. There have been many occasions of delayed vehicle location and ignition on/off status as long as 15 minutes later. Also, this app often reports a vehicle ignition off status long before the ignition on status is reported. Additionally, the failure to report a vehicle entering set alert zones, before it reports it leaving the zone. Things are reported out of sequence and delayed longer than 10 seconds (delays have averaged 5 to 8 minutes). I'm normally a positive thinker, but this is an app not worth placing full trust for reliability. The company really needs to fix these issues with the mobile service provider, not just blame them.
Solid app, could use improvement.
Both the RTV-5 and iPhone app are well worth the investment. I use them for my luxury car rental business and the app has saved me a lot of headaches and money thus far. Just a few things that should be worked on:
1. The Activation Key and password must be the same... Why??? I keep my log-in info saved on the app, but I don't feel comfortable with my activation key/password being visible. For the sake of security, this should be rectified.
2. I was a bit annoyed that I had to pay $3/month per car on top of the monthly service fee and equipment/installation costs just to use the app. The customer service rep emphasized the costs to use Google Maps licenses as the reason for it. With that said, why can't we get in-app directions to a car? It's extremely counter-productive to have to constantly exit (to access iPhone Map) and re-enter the app to track down a moving vehicle.
3. The device can be a bit buggy at times. I have cars in my lot that I get 125 mph speed alerts on. Just last week I had a client in Long Island showing up as being in Ohio for about 2 hours (then miraculously back to LI).
4. The app lacks many of the desktop features, most notably the vehicle driving history (playback). While this isn't a deal-breaker for me, I feel it should be included for convenience. We pay for the app to avoid being tied down to a computer.
5. No in-app alerts. This is not a big deal, as you can set up alerts via text message or e-mail, but it would be cool to have everything centralized and not cluttering my inboxes.
These issues may not be as big of a deal for personal use, and use in the suburbs (I'm in NYC)
With all of that said, I have no regrets with my purchases. If these issues could be fixed, this would easily be a 5-star app, and would be worth at least $10/month per car. An added bonus is the outstanding customer service and super-fast delivery/activation of devices.
- LiveViewGPS Inc.
- 16.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © LiveViewGPS, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.