Bank quickly and get back to what matters most to you – that’s the idea behind the M&T Mobile Banking App built for both personal and business customers.
Access your Account Conveniently
• See available balances, transactions, credit limits, and check images
• Estimate net worth, view cash flow, centralize finances, categorize transactions, customize budgets, and track spending, for your personal accounts, with M&T Money Smart
• Access your accounts with your passcode, fingerprint, or facial recognition on compatible devices
• Get notified with M&T Alerts through text, email, or app notification
Move Money Swiftly
• Send money with Zelle®¹ to almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S.
• Deposit checks
• Use M&T Flash Funds™ to deposit qualifying checks with immediate availability²
• Transfer funds between M&T accounts or make M&T loan & credit card payments
• Pay bills with the confidence of our M&T Bill Pay Guarantee³
Manage your Card Easily
• Take charge of your personal M&T debit and credit card with the ability to temporarily lock it, report it lost or stolen, and order a replacement
• Add authorized users to your personal and business M&T credit cards
• View your M&T credit card rewards points and access your rewards account
Reach Us Readily
• Call us, using any one of our contact numbers
• Search FAQs for help with questions
• Find the branch and ATM nearest to you
¹Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle. Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Zelle® and the Zelle related marks and logos are property of Early Warning Services, LLC.
²The fee for this service is 2% of the total check amount ($2 minimum charge). If the deposit is made during our nightly processing, it will not be available to pay debit items that are processed for payment during that night’s processing. However, it would be immediately available for withdrawal.
³To learn more about the Bill Pay Guarantee visit mtb.com/billpay
Unless otherwise specified, all advertised offers and terms and conditions of accounts and services are subject to change at any time without notice. After an account is opened or service begins, it is subject to its features, conditions, and terms, which are subject to change at any time in accordance with applicable laws and agreements. Please contact an M&T representative for full details.
Refer to the Digital Services Agreement for details
Equal Housing Lender. © 2021 M&T Bank. Member FDIC.
Thank you for choosing M&T Mobile Banking. We are always looking to improve our experience to make banking with us easy.
The updated version includes:
• Enhancements to Zelle® - including improved notifications, enhanced transaction history details, more space for you to add details in the memo field and an updated design to make sending payments easy and enjoyable. (1)
• New features for M&T Bill Pay that help ensure you can confidently pay your bills on-time. (3)
• Minor fixes and updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Initially this was my review on the latest update
**Can’t use the app until it’s updated. So I dutifully follow the rules and update it, and now it won’t open. Attempts to open, and then shuts down. Fantastic. 😕
However, I had decided to first give it the benefit of the doubt closing all other apps, soft reset- nothing. I then deleted the entire app and reinstalled it - and it’s totally fine. Additionally, the developers contacted me via email and then called to ensure it was in fact working now. Excellent customer service.
I’ve never had any difficulty with this app before, I’ve seen other reviews that are negative - but it’s never been my experience. I would say that 1 issue for a brief period has actually been my only problem with M&T, and I’ve been with them for almost 20 years - including while I lived in TX for 6 and now SC. Good bank, app working fine 😊
Developer Response ,
Hi Tankasmom, we are sorry for the disruption you’re experiencing and want to assist. Please reach out to us at email@example.com and include your name and phone number as it appears on your account.
Too many avoidable issues
When this app works, it’s fine. Nothing fancy but it lets you check your accounts, make transfers, etc. My gripe is that seemingly minor issues occur far too often. Half the time I go to use the mobile check deposit it’s down for some reason (And I use it at most three times a month). Sometimes I can’t even log in at all from the app (says online banking is “unavailable”)but I can from a computer. And just now, the thing that compelled me to write this review, I tried to log into the app to check my account quickly and the app is telling me it needs an update even though it’s fully updated. Fix your app please, it should not be this frustrating to use a basic banking app.
Update 3/6/19: And, it’s happening again. PLEASE STOP FORCING THE APP TO REQUIRE AN UPDATE BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY PUSH THE UPDATE OUT IN THE APP STORE!!! This is the second time in about a month that this has happened. I just want to check my account and the app is unusable because it’s requiring an update that isn’t actually available in the store. Been like this for over 2 hours and counting. This is ridiculous. This should be common sense. Make the update available through the store first, THEN require the app to be updated. This is the sort of simple thing that whoever is working on this app seems to consistently get wrong, and it makes no sense at all.
Needs some serious improvements
All I want to be able to do is use this app to the fullest extent of it’s supposed “ability” but I can’t even do that. All I can do is log in and go to the main page and see my checking balance and my savings balance. Every other thing I try to do, whether it be deposit a check, transfer between accounts, or use the built in Zelle feature, comes up with the same message: Mobile banking is temporarily unavailable. “We are sorry for the inconvenience.” I’ve had this problem since the day I downloaded this app (about two months ago) and I figured it would be solved within a week or two but the issue has persisted. I’ve tried everything; resetting it, uninstall and reinstall, etc etc. NOTHING WORKS!!! Please make it so I can at least deposit a check or something because this is too much. The company I work for does not do direct deposit due to it being a locally run business with a whole lot of employees, so having to go to the bank and deposit my checks every week is really annoying, especially when I should be able to just do it through the app. The least you could do is roll out an update sometime in the near future that addresses this problem!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- M&T Bank
- 89.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Equal Housing Lender. © 2021 M&T Bank. Member FDIC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.