Discover your personal family history! Genealogy gets a facelift with MacFamilyTree 9: modern, interactive, convenient, and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way that would have amazed generations of chroniclers before you. Create visually impressive charts, evaluations, reports, and books, navigate through the Interactive Family Tree or Virtual Tree 3D view and experience genealogy in a whole new way.
• Designed specifically for Mac to make full use of Apple’s latest technologies
• Clear and easy-to-use interface
• Show your family tree: charts, reports, views, and lists
• CloudTree Sync&Share: real-time sync and collaboration
• Use MobileFamilyTree for iPhone & iPad to continue your research on the go (sold separately)
RESEARCH AND PUBLISH
• FamilySearch: Billions of genealogical entries
• Web research: search popular genealogy portals directly from within the application
• MacFamilyTree.com: Create websites
• Family books: a perfect gift
• GEDCOM import and export: exchange information with other applications
• Export charts and reports in a wide range of formats
WIDE RANGE OF REPORTS AND LISTS
• Person, family, and kinship reports
• Narrative report
• Places list, events list, anniversary list
• Particularities report
• Map report
• Person analysis
• Lists of persons
• Marriage lists
• Plausibility report
• Sources list
• Descendancy report
WIDE RANGE OF CHARTS AND VIEWS
• Hourglass chart
• Double Ahnentafel
• Virtual globe & statistic maps
• Name distribution chart
• Fan chart
• Relationship chart
• Genogram chart
HIGHEST LEVEL OF DATA PRIVACY
• Your data will be stored locally ...
• ... or encrypted and stored on iCloud
• You decide what happens to your data
• Password protection for website
• Persons and entries can be hidden from export
What's new in Version 9:
NEW USER INTERFACE
• Modern look
• More logical structure
• Easier and more comfortable to use
COMPLETELY NEW CHARTS
• Can be fully customized to your needs
• Countless display templates to choose from
• Significantly faster rendering, making full use of your graphics board/GPU's performance
• Drastically improved tree charts, showing all persons belonging to a given tree
• Countless layout and display upgrades for all charts
• New chart editor offering a wide range of improvements: support of Undo, better options to distribute content across several pages, insert images and much more
COMPLETELY NEW REPORTS
• Many style templates to choose from
• Fully adaptable to your own ideas
• Export as CSV (compatible with Numbers and Excel), plain text, RTF, or PDF
• Updated feature for conversion of reports into books
SUPPORTS DNA TESTS
• Store DNA test results
• Supports yDNA, mtDNA, and atDNA tests
CLOUDTREE SYNC & SHARE 2.0
• Share databases of any size with friends, family or between your own devices
• No more limitation to 5000 entries
• Considerably faster and more efficient sync
• Much faster invitations to other people
• Numerous database upgrades: Birth order of children can now be specified without a date of birth, precise mapping of adoptive and step relationships & much more...
• Supports family crests & author information
• Specify and store alternative names for places
• New help guide system: Click the question mark icon to instantly display instructions for the section at hand
• Supports Apple's latest technologies: Dark Mode for the user interface, Handoff between MacFamilyTree & MobileFamilyTree, charts use Core Animation, interactive tree uses Metal
View a complete and impressive list of innovations at www.syniumsoftware.com/de/macfamilytree
- Zooming by pinch gesture is now supported in the Edit Media section
- Cause and description of events can now be displayed when diagram with the Card style is selected
- Editing the tree chart improved
- Several stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Who knew geneaology could be so easy and so much fun?!
I am new to researching and creating a family tree and my relatives have had a hard time using a different app, so I thought I would try MacFamily Tree. The visuals are great and I like the chart features. I had no idea it would be this easy to start and that I could add DNA testing information too. I am going to get my family to use this platform, because it is so easy to use and so comprehensive in scope. And it is quite convenient that I can share my data with multiple family members, which will help us build our family tree(s) more efficiently.
I like the CloudTree sync feature as well as the report system. I am pleased that there are so many ways to display my data. I am hooked now and want to add as much information as I can about my family and I look forward to my family helping me complete our information and including images too. I particularly like the opportunity to create family books once I have more data and images and documents uploaded.
I like things to be visual, and MacFamilyTree helps me see my family and our relatives in ways that help me connect faces to names. I am enjoying adding photos to names and it will be fun to collect photos from my family members to add to our tree.
I am hooked on geneaology now that I know how easy it is to start.
I look forward to adding the mobile options too.
A winner, for sure.
Well! Time does change things. My most recent version of MacFamilyTree was 7, so the improvements in version 9 were a revelation — and I thought it was great before!
The new interface makes navigation easy, the new charts give many ways to present my ever-growing information, and the graphics are gorgeous. I am very pleased with the performance, both in speed and in ease of use. This is an update in dozens of ways, and a great beginner’s tool for anyone new to genealogy.
If you have a large file, this program is not for you. I have 250,000 individuals in my file. The program took a long time to respond to anything I did, from opening it to scrolling through the list to adding information. I had been using Reunion for years before this and never once had an issue. I may end up going back to Reunion.
I was also disappointed that you cannot modify the appearance of the family page (such as color, information for the children, boxes, etc). I'd like to be able to modify the settings to view the children in a list mode rather than in boxes, but there isn't an option for me to do so.
Developer Response ,
HI! I see that you've already contacted us by email, we'll get back to you shortly. Concerning the display of children: Please have a look at the Families category in the edit section, a table with all children in a family is displayed there.
- Synium Software GmbH
- 110.7 MB
macOS 10.13.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Synium Software 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.