Discover your personal family history! Genealogy gets a facelift with MacFamilyTree 9: modern, interactive, convenient, and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way that would have amazed generations of chroniclers before you. Create visually impressive charts, evaluations, reports, and books, navigate through the Interactive Family Tree or Virtual Tree 3D view and experience genealogy in a whole new way.
• Designed specifically for Mac to make full use of Apple’s latest technologies
• Clear and easy-to-use interface
• Show your family tree: charts, reports, views, and lists
• CloudTree Sync&Share: real-time sync and collaboration
• Use MobileFamilyTree for iPhone & iPad to continue your research on the go (sold separately)
RESEARCH AND PUBLISH
• FamilySearch: Billions of genealogical entries
• Web research: search popular genealogy portals directly from within the application
• MacFamilyTree.com: Create websites
• Family books: a perfect gift
• GEDCOM import and export: exchange information with other applications
• Export charts and reports in a wide range of formats
WIDE RANGE OF REPORTS AND LISTS
• Person, family, and kinship reports
• Narrative report
• Places list, events list, anniversary list
• Particularities report
• Map report
• Person analysis
• Lists of persons
• Marriage lists
• Plausibility report
• Sources list
• Descendancy report
WIDE RANGE OF CHARTS AND VIEWS
• Hourglass chart
• Double Ahnentafel
• Virtual globe & statistic maps
• Name distribution chart
• Fan chart
• Relationship chart
• Genogram chart
HIGHEST LEVEL OF DATA PRIVACY
• Your data will be stored locally ...
• ... or encrypted and stored on iCloud
• You decide what happens to your data
• Password protection for website
• Persons and entries can be hidden from export
What's new in Version 9:
NEW USER INTERFACE
• Modern look
• More logical structure
• Easier and more comfortable to use
COMPLETELY NEW CHARTS
• Can be fully customized to your needs
• Countless display templates to choose from
• Significantly faster rendering, making full use of your graphics board/GPU's performance
• Drastically improved tree charts, showing all persons belonging to a given tree
• Countless layout and display upgrades for all charts
• New chart editor offering a wide range of improvements: support of Undo, better options to distribute content across several pages, insert images and much more
COMPLETELY NEW REPORTS
• Many style templates to choose from
• Fully adaptable to your own ideas
• Export as CSV (compatible with Numbers and Excel), plain text, RTF, or PDF
• Updated feature for conversion of reports into books
SUPPORTS DNA TESTS
• Store DNA test results
• Supports yDNA, mtDNA, and atDNA tests
CLOUDTREE SYNC & SHARE 2.0
• Share databases of any size with friends, family or between your own devices
• No more limitation to 5000 entries
• Considerably faster and more efficient sync
• Much faster invitations to other people
• Numerous database upgrades: Birth order of children can now be specified without a date of birth, precise mapping of adoptive and step relationships & much more...
• Supports family crests & author information
• Specify and store alternative names for places
• New help guide system: Click the question mark icon to instantly display instructions for the section at hand
• Supports Apple's latest technologies: Dark Mode for the user interface, Handoff between MacFamilyTree & MobileFamilyTree, charts use Core Animation, interactive tree uses Metal
View a complete and impressive list of innovations at www.syniumsoftware.com/de/macfamilytree
- Descendancy Report now optionally displays the place of marriage
- Fixed layouting issues in the fan chart
- Narrative Report evaluates divorce events correctly now
- The Distribution Chart and Statistic Chart are now correctly evaluating the specified date range
- In charts as well as in reports, the calculated age will now correctly be displayed in the specified language
- Events list in the Person Report improved
- Localisation improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very Nice Upgrade
I love this application for family history work. I have used since version 6 came out. The only "negative" issue I have with this application is the inability to just print out a family group sheet or pedigree in plain text format. There are those times these are needed, instead of very graphically visualized several page document of a family group sheet for example. Well, and maybe some of the charts are a bit over the top and display nicely on screen, but are not able to be printed to paper.
I love the sourcing part of the application. So many different ways to add a source from whatever source type, like a URL, a media item, sync from FamilySearch, etc.
The Smart Filters feature is also nice to pull different types of groups of people together based on a variety of different criteria.
I love that media files can be kept stored with the application and not be linked to an outside drive. With use of "cloud drives" this probably isn't as important, but for those who don't know how to use cloud drives, it would be an issue.
There are many other great features but this review box is about filled up. :) Support has also been QUITE good over the years.
Who knew geneaology could be so easy and so much fun?!
I am new to researching and creating a family tree and my relatives have had a hard time using a different app, so I thought I would try MacFamily Tree. The visuals are great and I like the chart features. I had no idea it would be this easy to start and that I could add DNA testing information too. I am going to get my family to use this platform, because it is so easy to use and so comprehensive in scope. And it is quite convenient that I can share my data with multiple family members, which will help us build our family tree(s) more efficiently.
I like the CloudTree sync feature as well as the report system. I am pleased that there are so many ways to display my data. I am hooked now and want to add as much information as I can about my family and I look forward to my family helping me complete our information and including images too. I particularly like the opportunity to create family books once I have more data and images and documents uploaded.
I like things to be visual, and MacFamilyTree helps me see my family and our relatives in ways that help me connect faces to names. I am enjoying adding photos to names and it will be fun to collect photos from my family members to add to our tree.
I am hooked on geneaology now that I know how easy it is to start.
I look forward to adding the mobile options too.
Great Genealogy Tool
I don’t love everything about their UI choices, but it’s a solid and stable application with tons of great features. One huge feature is that they have a MacOS app and an iOS app and also provide sync capability through their own service or through iCloud. I’m frequently either sharing information with family or adding new information and photographs through my phone. It also supports GEDCOM export and import, so you can always take your work on to another application.
- Synium Software GmbH
- 110.7 MB
macOS 10.13.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Synium Software 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.