Create unique cross-stitch patterns from your favorite photos using the Best mobile converter on the market.
Ideal for both beginners and professional embroiderers.
Magic Needle is a great opportunity to make a memorable gift for your family, friends or yourself!
Magic Needle is simple to use:
• Upload any image or photo
• Choose the size of needlepoint you want to make, the brand of floss, and the number of colors you want to use
• Magic Needle makes a pattern and a summary page that has all the information about your project and materials you need:
• Canvas type and size
• Floss colors and numbers
• Number of skeins of each color
• Just get your materials and start embroidering – the picture will come to life with every stitch.
Use Magic Needle to start embroidering immediately:
• Sensitive color selection makes your picture the most realistic
• See how the result would change depending on the floss brand you choose (different brands have different shades)
• Pattern center is calculated and marked to help you start your work
• Zoom in to any part of the picture and see even the smallest details
• Mark stitched area and track your progress
• Built-in ruler to show the number of crosses needed
• Advanced settings:
• Set the number of strands
• Set fabric type and count
• Add extra canvas
• Inconvenient to embroider from the screen of your phone or tablet? Save the pattern to PDF format and print!
Don’t want to spend your time searching for a right pic? Go to the Shop and choose ready cross-stitch pattern from different topics.
Magic Needle is designed for you to enjoy your favorite hobby.
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Size and Color Issues
I like this app but had two problems. 1. My picture was horizontal and although I watched the tutorial I had trouble figuring out how to make it fit. I did finally realize that there is a “box” that changes the shape. This needs to be addressed in the tutorial. 2. My picture contains a considerable amount of white. But when I converted it the color became cornflower blue very light. This is VERY different from white.
I wasted both time and money (since I used the trial and all 3 of my paid conversions) trying to resolve these two issues. And I still have to try to adjust the colors to my picture!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are working on advanced crop tool and better color palette selection. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will take into account these issues in the next application update.
We really appreciate your review and will do our best to make your embroidery experience more enjoyable.
Update wiped my progress
The most recent app update deleted all of my progress on my patterns and it’s going to take me hours to go through each pattern and remark what I have already completed.
That being said, I love that I can make my photos into cross stitches. Being able to either track digitally or export a PDF file is wonderful, and I’m able to air drop a pattern between my iPad and my iPhone has been nice.
Until this update, the only issue I had is that the timer occasionally malfunctions and marks me at some weird 80,000+ hour mark.
Great app for creating your own
I really like how easy it is to create my own projects from selecting my image to adjust sizing and amount of colors. It’s especially convenient to be able to go back to a pattern and adjust these settings later without having to create a new file. I would give 5 stars if it also had the ability to send the pattern to a pdf in the free version. Can’t wait to get a premium version that can do that.
- Artem Shal
- 45.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Artem Shal
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $6.99
- Export to PDF $1.99
- 1 pattern $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.