• Have a goal. Make it manageable. •
Manageable helps you focus on the next task no matter how many projects you have to juggle at the same time.
Start with your projects, goals or even dreams and split each one into steps required to complete it.
Split each step further into lists of subtasks until you end up with simple actionable items.
Manageable presents all your leaf items across your selected project as a flat prioritised action list, hiding complexity when you don't need it.
Clutter-free hierarchical lists, a breeze to build and navigate with these features:
• Clean gesture-driven interface
• Reorder and prioritize in one gesture
• Set due dates with reminders
• Set reschedule interval for recurrent tasks
• Efficient color-coding of your items
• Two-tap navigation between your active projects
• Search by multiple words or substrings
• Import or share your project outlines
• Export your ordered action lists
• Backup data to iCloud, DropBox, etc.
• Home screen widgets
• Unlimited undo/redo
Manageable offers two widgets:
1. Favorite Projects widget lists your most active projects, i.e. those you recently opened in Action view, exactly as you see in the Navigation view.
2. Actions widget is a list of next tasks in the project of your choice. You can have several Actions lists on your home-screen for different projects.
● In Task View
• Pull down/up to add item
• Hold and drag to reorder/prioritize
• Swipe the title left for Action list
• Swipe the title right to go to the top
• Pull down with 2 fingers for import menu
• Pull up with 2 fingers for export menu
● In Action view
• Pull down to filter by priority
• Swipe item for menu
• Tap and hold item to edit
• Tap title for Navigation view, tap again to dismiss
• Pinch out/in to switch wrapping of long task names on/off
• Shake to undo/redo
Manageable now offers two modern home-screen widgets in various sizes!
1. Favorite Projects widget lists your most recent active projects, i.e. those you last opened in Action view, exactly as you see in the Navigation view.
2. Actions widget is a list of next tasks in the project of your choice. You can have several Actions widgets on your home-screen for different projects.
Ratings and Reviews
App has potential
I love this app! It is simple, straightforward, and efficient.
The only reason I give four stars is because I wish you could attach multiple pictures to a task, or even just one! For the price though, I am not complaining, just an idea :)
Update: Just being able to attach links, videos, or any other media would provide the user with a more efficient organization of outsourced resources within this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Links are currently in development. Will add attachments to the feature requests.
Gem of a find
Absolutely brilliant. I’ve never had an app this seamless and fast, my first time using it, it excited me so much I was using my feet to hold it up so I could type as fast as possible on my back. One thing only, otherwise it’s literally perfect: A way to reset multiple tasks at once without the sliding gesture? Maybe the parent can be checked and unchecked to reset all the tasks within, I do not know, whatever is easiest! Thank you for making such a wonderful app!
Great for organizing & working via outlines!
When I’m brainstorming, be it about household chores or starting a business, I always do my best thinking using a nested outline. My favorite app for that has been Outliner Pro, but Manageable would easily over take it with some tweaks and added features (features I’d happily pay for at a reasonable price).
What it does best is allow you to drill your complex outlines down to actionable tasks, then when it’s time to get to work, you can view only the actionable tasks. The killer features are the extensive use of multi-touch as opposed to traditional buttons and checkboxes. Seriously, this is quite possibly the best implementation of multi-touch I’ve ever seen in a productivity app since the introduction of Clear.
It can take a while to get up to speed, but once you do the simple gestures get you moving quickly. [LPT: be sure to download the example outline that is basically an interactive manual on how to use it.]
I have several feature requests/suggestions but only one complaint: the widget should be updated to current design standards; specifically the white gradient background. It looks out of place with up to date widgets and can make reading over a dark wallpaper annoying. Well designed widgets are a great way to make productivity apps like this be more... well, productive.
Suggestions to improve existing workflow:
1) Allow completed tasks to be checked off in a quicker fashion that does not require a swipe - I recommend a double tap. Allow the same action to quickly change the task back to incomplete.
2) In the action list, instead of having completed tasks immediately disappear have them stay visible just like is done in the task list: with a line through them. Have them clear the actionable list at the end of the day. This would allow tasks accidentally checked off to easily be returned to incomplete status without having to go find it in the task list. It would also be a nice visual list of the day’s accomplished tasks which can be very rewarding.
3) Automatically check off parent tasks when sub tasks are all completed.
Here are the features I would love to see add it to Manageable. The ones with an asterisk are the features it is lacking that if it had I would replace at least three other apps with this one (and gladly pay for via a reasonable IAP)
1) *Cloud storage/backup/sync making it easy to recover your outlines without having to do a full iOS restore.
2) *Cloud storage/sync between multiple devices.
3) *Ability to set due dates and reminders on tasks.
4) Ability to share individual top level outlines and/or sub outlines with other manageable users (this would make delegating tasks awesome for project managers, even families).
5) Mac version (if it synced with app, I’d pay for one).
Of course iCloud would provide the most seamless user experience for requests 1 and 2, but using a third-party interface (eg Evernote) would also be a great option especially because a service like that would still give users access to their basic data on other platforms making incompatibility a selling point of the app. It would also give the developer exposure elsewhere (e.g. Evernote list of apps). [Outliner Pro does this quite well with Evernote.]
Most of all I suggest KEEP DEVELOPING THIS APP! Its been so long since an update I’m concerned the dev has given up! Whoever designed this UX is brilliant. I would be extremely disappointed if they didn’t continue to follow up on their vision that became Manageable.
Developer Response ,
Wow, you're my hero, mate! This is likely the longest review I have seen on the App Store, I appreciate that. And so many good points too. Definitely noted.
First, I've just submitted a new version of the app for approval. Also, at least some of the features mentioned are in the roadmap already.
Otherwise, here are a few hints to address your requests.
- In case you did something accidentally or just changed your mind, the app has unlimited undo/redo; shake your device for the undo/redo prompt.
- The app already allows you to backup/restore any list or sublist with double-touch pull-up/down gesture in the Task view. You can backup/restore task titles only to/from pasteboard (Outline option) or full task data to/from pasteboard (Data option) or to/from file managers like iCloud or Dropbox (Backup option).
Hope this helps. I invite you to post or discuss feature requests on the support page: https://mu-sonic.com/support/manageable/
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mu-sonic Ltd
- 2.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Mu-sonic Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.