Mattermost Desktop 4+
Bring your tools, people, and processes together. Mattermost is a secure collaboration platform that is open, flexible, and deeply integrated with the tools you love.
- Channels: All of your team's communication in one place. Persistent channels and 1:1 group messaging, meeting, and file sharing works seamlessly across web, desktop, and mobile so you can stay connected, wherever you are.
- Boards: Align on the work that matters. Ship on time, every time, with a project and task management solution built for digital operations.
- Playbooks: Move faster and make fewer mistakes with checklists, automation, and tool integrations that power your team’s workflows.
- Integrations: Mattermost Channels allows developers to interface directly with third-party developer tools and use CLI-style commands, automation, and integrations to help you reduce context switching and stay in the flow.
Join our open source community and contribute: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop
Server v7.1.0+ is required. Support for server Extended Support Release (ESR) 6.3.0 has ended and upgrading to server ESR v7.1.0 or later is required.
- Major version upgrade of Electron to v23.1.2. Electron is the underlying technology used to build the Desktop App.
- Added application diagnostics.
- Implemented a global calls widget window.
- Added support for starting a call from an existing thread through the /call start slash command.
- Added support for Gnome's "do-not-disturb" status.
- Added a menu item for showing the logs folder.
- Improved performance by reducing the number of calls for URL detection.
- Changed the tray behavior on left-click. Left-clicking on the system tray Mattermost icon now hides the application to system tray if it's already visible.
- Defaulted to opening a file when it's selected from the download list.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the only option at our company for a Slack-like app with the necessary security features. Good features, syncs well between phone and computer, and miles ahead of the default IM app installed on our work computers.
Request to developers to please make threaded responses more readable - by default they should open in a side bar without posting to the main conversation. The current implementation makes threaded conversations very cluttered and hard to follow. User should be able to choose whether to post to just the thread or publish to the main channel.
It is a capable chat platform, with a few growing pains
I use Mattermost on a daily basis. I find it to be a good chat platform, working well for both small and large teams. Our organization uses two servers, which is something thsat other chat pllatfforms hide to some degree (or don't support since they are SaaS). This is great but isn't handled very well by the UI in that one server is very much forefront with the others mostly unseen. This has gotten worse with the recent releases as the tab bar used to indicate server now is used for more tooling (bloat in progress) around automation.
Of No Use to Me
I'm told to enter my server name; I think she told me it was Gina. I'm advised that I'm looking for "The name of the server displayed on your desktop app tab bar."
Which Desktop App? Mattermorst? When I find it I'll certainly do that. No doubt this is perfectly logical for the more tech-inclined.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mattermost, Inc.
- 171 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2017 Mattermost, Inc. All Rights Reserved