SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. This can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
Developed especially for patients, caregivers, and families, this version of the Merck Manual medical information app is created just for you. Now with many new features and enhancements, the Merck Manual Consumer app is written in everyday language. This Consumer Version provides clear, practical explanations for thousands of medical disorders, including symptoms and what doctors do to diagnose and treat medical conditions.
The trusted Merck Manual Consumer medical information app for on-the-go reference offers:
• Health and medical information written and updated regularly by more than 350 medical experts
• Topics searchable by symptom, diagnosis or treatment, all written in easy-to-understand language
• Photos and Illustrations on thousands of disorders and diseases
• Animations that visually demonstrate diseases and treatments
• Interactive Quizzes* to test knowledge on health topics--scores can be posted on Twitter
• Drug and Medicine Information Guide* including:
- Drug Interactions
- Pill Identifier
- Medications and over-the-counter drugs
• Medical News and Commentary* covering the most current and important health topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
• Self-assessments* to check your health and fitness levels
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for use in the United States, its territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at https://www.msdprivacy.com
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
For questions or help with the app, please contact email@example.com
New content and new functionality.
• Podcasts online
• Improved ADA compatibility
• Improved Navigation
• Rate the App feature
• New DID YOU KNOW feature
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Download banner issue
When trying to download video, there is a huge banner that pops up on the middle of the display that obscures the entire display and prevents interacting with the app.
Solution: a banner that appears at the bottom or top of the display with the progress bar that also allows interacting with the app while the video is being downloaded.
How do I change the font size ?
The print is too small to share easily.
Fantastic resource for health education
I am delighted to find this excellent app/online version of the Merck manual. A very helpful and comprehensive reference for all of us. Read, learn and become an informed partner in maintaining your own health. Thanks to Merck for making this invaluable resource available for FREE!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Merck & Co Inc
- 111.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2020 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.