Mercury for Mastodon 17+
- Offers In-App Purchases
Introducing Mercury, a customisable client for the Mastodon and Pleroma social networks!
Notable features of Mercury:
- Customise swipe gestures to shortcut actions you perform often
- Choose a custom theme to personalise the app to your tastes with automatic dark mode switching
- Listen to audio uploaded to the Fediverse
- Save a list of hashtags that you would like to follow
- Add descriptions to images and GIFs that you upload
- Support for custom emoji when posting a status
- Open Twitter and Reddit links in popular native apps
- Create custom timeline filters
- Translate status text
- Bookmark statuses
- Schedule statuses
- Manage lists
- Multiple account support
- Create polls
- All without ads
Got a fairly big update coming your way this time. New in 2021.4 is:
Save your in-progress posts and return to them later.
- Delete and re-draft
Delete your posts and open them up in a new compose window to correct any typos of meanings. Any attached media will be kept and can be removed or added to when re-composing.
- Follower alerts
Get notifications when select followers post new statuses. With version 3.3.0 of Mastodon, you're able to selectively enable alerts to be notified when people you follow post a status. This option will be available in Mercury for people you follow if your instance supports this feature.
- Replies and thread view
When viewing a status' details, you can now switch between the thread and replies for that status.
- Keep CW posts open
This one does what it says on the tin. When you reveal text behind a content warning, scrolling away and coming back will not re-hide the text.
- Fixed an issue that prevented logging in to Pleroma
- Cleaned up some UI things
- Hopefully fixed a background crash that would prevent the timelines from loading properly on launch
Thank you to everyone for all your support, questions and suggestions!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Development appears to have stopped.
I really love Mercury. Since I started using Mastodon I’ve been trying all of the clients. There about 3 that are top notch, not including Mastodon’s own client. I hope that the developer picks back up with the app now that so many Twitter migrants desperately need one. 🙏🖖
Appears to be perfectly accessible with voiceover
Hey, what can I say. I am new here. Less than 12 hours. But I can tell you I can swipe up to everything I need with one finger on the rotor. And you can re-order your options. I do not know how long mastodon has been around. I only know that this developer has really worked hard to make this app work well, and I hope he can find a way to recover the cost of all that time even though it’s a free app.
This app needs to be taken down. Designer has ghosted. No updates to app. It’s own Mastodon account has not posted anything since 2021. I discovered all this after realizing NOTHING about the schedule feature option worked. I’d schedule days or hours in advance-and my posts would still appear instantly. The schedule feature is exactly what I chose this app for, and when I looked for troubleshooting help is when I discovered nothing here has been touched in months and months. Apple, please yank this thing. Designer - thanks for wasting - and wasting - my time. Infuriating!
Developer Response ,
This is a bit unfair. It's a free app that I work on in my spare time. Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies and we don't get to participate in them as much as we'd like.
As for the scheduled post feature. I have just tested it and it works. You do need to press "schedule" when picking a date, and, with many mastodon features, it's subject to your instance supporting the feature.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Nitsikopoulos
- 31.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Daniel Nitsikopoulos
- In-App Purchases
- Mercury Observer $0.99
- Mercury-P $4.99
- Mariner 10 $1.99
- MESSENGER $2.99
- BepiColombo $3.99