Start your 7-day Free Trial or subscribe now in the app, through your iTunes account!
Met Opera on Demand delivers instant and unlimited streaming of more than 700 full-length Metropolitan Opera performances on your iPad & iPhone—and on your HDTV or connected sound system as well via Apple TV with AirPlay.
The Met Opera on Demand iPad/iPhone app is free to download. Explore the app and the catalog, and enjoy a sampling of free preview content. Now you can sign-up for the 7-day Free Trial or purchase a subscription right inside the app for complete and unlimited access to everything available.
Highlights of this unparalleled collection of opera performances include:
• More than 120 presentations from every season of the Met’s award-winning "Live in HD" series of global movie-theater transmissions, featuring opera superstars Roberto Alagna, Natalie Dessay, Joyce DiDonato, Renée Fleming, Juan Diego Flórez, Elīna Garanča, Jonas Kaufmann, Anna Netrebko, Deborah Voigt, and many more
• Classic Met telecasts dating from 1977, including "Aida" starring Leontyne Price, "La Bohème" starring Luciano Pavarotti and Renata Scotto, and more
• More than 400 radio broadcast performances dating back to 1935, representing nearly all of the most popular operas ever composed and many of the greatest singers in Met history including Björling, Callas, Corelli, Horne, Nilsson, Sutherland, Tebaldi, Te Kanawa, and Tucker
All Met Opera on Demand videos include English subtitles, and many recent HD performances also include subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish, as well as English Closed Captions (CC.) Subscribers can use AirPlay to watch all videos with the full offering of multi-language subtitles on their TV via Apple TV. New operas are added every month. The app also offers a “Continue Watching and Listening” feature that allows you to stop at any time and resume right where you left off whenever you’re ready. You can bookmark your favorite performances for easy access at any time as well.
The Met Opera on Demand iPad/iPhone App requires a Wi-Fi internet connection to stream videos and content availability is subject to change.
If you subscribe in the app:
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Squandered opportunity, again!
The Met Player folks never seems to drop the opportunity to disappoint. I had high hopes that I could avoid the clunky error-prone, stuttering, glitchy unreliable desktop version (to which I have been a subscriber for years now), but they managed to mess this up as well too. The 2 stars are for the content, which is the excellent Met stuff, let down by this substandard app. As others have noted, audio is poor, no support for AirPlay (not even just the audio), stuttering and glitchy streaming ... Sad. I'm not sure why their streaming is so poor, but they were down for several days last year, and I don't think they have fired them yet. And, forget about customer support, all I've ever got from them is form responses. A sad, sad, disappointment and an embarrassment.
Persistent “connection error” in the recent months
Though the app does need some improvements I used to fairly enjoy it until a few months ago when all of a sudden I suddenly cannot anymore use it. I keep getting a “connection error”. (Needless to say I don’t have any internet connection issues with any other app or web access). It’s literally non functional. Not sure how this issue could have been released and not fixed for so many months.
Don't wast your money on subscription
We loved this app until it stopped working. Last update was supposed to fix a launch issue. I wish they fixed their employees and hire a real developer. Somebody who can finally get this app to work. I am going to claim my money back.
Advise for those who consider to have this app: "Please, do not waste your money." Developer should hang his/her head in shame.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc.
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2022 The Metropolitan Opera
- In-App Purchases
- Met Opera on Demand $14.99
- Met Opera on Demand $149.99