MetaChat is a text-only viewer for all Virtual Worlds based on the OpenSimulator software for 3D worlds.
iOS apps CANNOT RUN IN THE BACKGROUND !
There is no 3D view, this is a text-only viewer.
This is no mobileSL/OpenSim it is a Viewer for mobile devices but it has the same system requirements than any other viewer.
Add accounts from different worlds with different start locations.,
See your friendlist, read messages or write
Chat with groups, see group infos or write group notices
Chat in open world
Move around a mini-map, teleport to landmarks
See your inventory/worn, preview textures or pictures, send items
You need to create accounts for each world you want to enter before MetaChat can use them.
Informations and passwords are only stored local on your device and send to the servers. We do not read, store, manage or use any of these informations.
Please check the new message cap limit for SL servers, this can lead to problems
sending/receiving messages - but thats out of my control
- Connection less sensitive about network problems (can slow down the app)
- Workaround for crash during send/receive message should be cleared (bug in MySQL)
- fixed crash when walk outside simulator borders
- fly doesn´t shoot you into oblivion, hold the button goes up - release stay at this height
- open chat does not scroll to bottom at incoming messages or when switch to chat window
- incoming message from Security Orbs, Vendors showing UUID are translated into usernames
e.g. "Report from secondlife:///app/agent/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/agent sent" translates
"Report from John Doe sent"
- muted GroupIM are not displayed anymore
- fixed: after start all unread messages where loaded but not announced (badge counter)
full list of changes https://worldchat2017.wordpress.com/
found a bug want a feature use in-app mail or blog https://worldchat2017.wordpress.com/
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Decent, shows potential but...
Compared to the original meta verse app, MetaChat shows some promise in becoming a decent app. However, my gripes about this are yes for one, you cannot switch apps or lock your phone without being logged out. Also, the app continues to log me out at random while I’m using it! If it weren’t for these two things, this would have a 5 Star review. I’m hoping there will be updates in the future, but until now, this is rendered useless. Unstable. I’ll be using my old app and won’t be holding my breath for an update.
Like others say it has potential. I wish it didn’t log me out when I switch apps! That’s my biggest issue with this. I end up turning off my phone’s sleep mode and keeping it plugged in. But if you get a text or call and have to pick up you are logged off!
Works fine, does what’s advertised
Easier to use than MetaVerse was, and has more functionality. I have had no issues with crashing etc that others have described. Perfect for chatting and reading notecards. Works well with iPhone. It does what it says it does. That’s all I ask from an app.
- Thomas Dietzer
- 23.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017-2018 Tom Dietzer
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.