Mia is a beautifully functional remote for Kodi Media Center / OSMC / XMBC.
Use Mia to browse through your movies, series and music. You can also see what is currently playing, or use it as a remote to control what is on your tv.
Some great features of Mia
- [New] iPad and multitasking support
- Control volume of Kodi or your Receiver (HDMI CEC)
- Manage multiple Kodi Devices
- Find all your Kodi devices automatically
- Type any input to Kodi
- 3D Touch shortcuts, inside the app and on the app’s icon
- Change audio channels and subtitles, or directly start searching for new subtitles.
But what can you do with your content?
- View and start your Movies, Series and Music
- Directly show the IMDB page or your movies and shows
- Play trailers of your content on your TV
- Quickly open the folder of your content in Kodi
- Just binge watch your series from where you left off. Those episodes won’t stop playing unless you want them too.
- Mark movies, episodes, seasons and even entire shows as watched or unwatched.
Mia also has a share extension
- Share video’s from other apps or a browser to Kodi
- Support for stream files, YouTube video’s, and m3u playlists
For regular updates and feedback: reddit.com/r/miaremote
If you experience any unexpected behaviour please submit feedback within the app or at: "firstname.lastname@example.org", I’m sure we can solve your issue together!
iPad + Multitasking
It took us almost the length of our masters degree, but we are releasing the iPad support for Mia!
Now you can use Mia on your iPad, view it over other apps, put other apps next to Mia… and so on :)
New in this version:
- iPad support
- Reduced launch time (Mostly for older devices)
- Incorrect images were shown when the correct one was not found in cache
- Releasing the scrubber/slider in the player resulted in slightly incorrect time of your playing content
- Legacy libraries removed to prepare for iOS 13 changes
Time to focus on fun new features again.
Let us know (in the app) if you are experiencing bugs or other unexpected behaviour!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with lots of features and it’s very easy to use! Th UI is amazing
Beautiful, easy remote
Mia is a very nice Kodi remote that is super easy to use. It immediately found and loaded my library without any configuration needed. New design is cleaner and presents more info than before. The 3D Touch is a nice feature.
I wanted an iOS based Kodi remote for my autistic son. He has a hard time verbalizing what he wants to watch and my library is large, so it takes a while to click through the options. Being unable to read, many of the available remotes are too complex and present too many options for him. With Mia he is never more than two taps away from starting the movie. The posters are clean and clear, and the details screen has a very distinct Play button that will start the movie without presenting additional options.
4 stars from me. The 5th star will come when the forthcoming iPad and Apple Watch apps are available (developer says they are working on them).
Developer Response ,
Amazing to hear that you are enjoying Mia! If you ever find aspects of the app that makes it more difficult for your son to use it, don’t hesitate to contact me :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.