Learning Mandarin Chinese for kids is super fun and easy with Miaomiao. Inside the app are 50+ two minute cartoons, where Miaomiao and friends have fun while introducing new Chinese words to young viewers. At the end of each episode, there's a character tracing activity related to the vocabulary in the video. For kids with advanced Chinese, they can watch videos fully dubbed in Mandarin.
“Miaomiao’s Chinese for Kids is an engaging way for young children to get a taste of Mandarin Chinese. They can learn over 100 words and phrases by seeing, hearing, and writing with characters.” — 5 star editor review from BestAppsForKids.com.
“Overall, an engaging app with an emphasis on the development of Chinese characters, ideal for young children encountering Chinese for the first time. Worth of its 4-star rating.”— Teacher review from the Educational App Store.
• 50+ episodes of Miaomiao and friends going on adventures and teaching Chinese words. All episodes are also in Mandarin Chinese teaching English words for a more immersive Chinese experience.
• Videos created with Mandarin preschool teachers and early language learning consultants to ensure learning outcomes.
• Each episode contains an interactive portion at the end where child can trace the Chinese characters of the words they just learned.
• Includes a parent console where you can view your child's progress and see which words they've learned and episodes they've watched.
• COPPA compliant, ensuring privacy for your child. No ads or in-app purchases.
Conveniently turn the sound on and off with the side ringer button of your device. Please ensure the ringer is always set to the ON position for sound.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent for beginners and native speakers
The quality of the cartoons and app interface are excellent. It’s easy to understand - and if you choose “Learn English” instead of the “Learn Chinese” option, all episodes will be predominantly in Mandarin and intro English words. (As a parent with native speaking kids, this is my preferred option.) I was pleased to partner with Miaomiao and try out their apps.
A positive first step
The Miaomiao TV series and apps are great tools to help spark a young child's interest in learning Chinese. Holding positive feelings toward the language and culture is the first step toward embracing opportunities to learn more Chinese in the future. I was happy to collaborate with the Miaomiao team.
App had no sound. Got a quick response after writing in. I did not have this issue with other apps ie having to switch ringer to get sound. But appreciate the prompt response.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mattie, I believe the issue was resolved via e-mail by our team. It seems you simply had to switch on your ringer button for the sound to come through. For others who are concerned about the sound in this app, it works perfectly fine. You just need to ensure the ringer switch on the side of your iOS device is switched to on. If others have issues please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.