Use your finger as a pickaxe, dig tunnels and guide the Micro Miners to the Gold, Silver and Coal deposits. Where's my lemmings?
* Description :
Microminers is an arcade-puzzler which revolves around the control of a vast horde of tiny miners. The screen is constantly scrolling downward, and it’s your job to collect all the available deposits of gold, silver, and coal that you see. Any missed resource represents a strike, and the level is considered failed if you miss three chances to collect. Further adding to the chaos is the fact that any miner left behind is lost indefinitely to the black nothingness beyond the screen.
* Gameplay trailer http://youtu.be/5yPURv6E0wQ
* Awards :
- Listed in Best Games Of The Year 2012 on Toucharcade.com and Touchgen.com
* Reviews :
- Markus Person (creator of Minecraft) email about the gameplay trailer : "Haha, that looks cool! :D".
- Toucharcade.com 4.5/5 : "There is so much to love about Micro Miners"
- Touchgen.com 4.5/5 : "Micro Miners is one of the biggest surprises of the year that came out of nowhere. Unique intensely satisfying gameplay paired with a cool presentation makes it one of those games that should be part of all iOS collections."
- Pocketgamer.co.uk 9/10 Gold award "It's fun, and perhaps more importantly, it's unique."
- Tuaw.com "Game of the day"
- Gametrailers.com "App of the day"
- iPhoneItalia.com "We talked about Micro Miners a few weeks ago, but then we had no idea of the masterpiece that was hidden behind this release. "
- My mum : "This is beautiful my son. What is it exactly?".
- My grandpa : "Unstably".
- My wife : "Hmm why not, as long as it pays the bills.".
- Bob, miners leader : "Come on lazy guys, let's dig.".
- Lemmus, lemmings leader : "Worst casting decision ever. I mean, we're just a thousand times better than those micro miners. Just. Give. Us. a Pickaxe.".
* Fun Facts :
- The game is inspired by a small java game called Miners4K that Markus Person (aka Notch, the creator of Minecraft) made in 2006 for the Java 4K challenge.
- The development of the game started in 2010 on an iPhone 3G.
- @Notch tweeted the micro miners gameplay trailer on September 8th 2012 ( http://bit.ly/UFfJ1Y ). Well the video was private, bad luck. I made it public 2 hours later, it was enough to drive 10,000+ views.
- "Haha, that looks cool! :D", that's what Markus replied by email after I sent him a link to the trailer.
- In this game you will find 323 gold deposits, 207 silver deposits, 181 coal deposits and 997 diamonds.
- A micro miner is 14 pixels tall.
- The game was first rejected by an Apple reviewer for "too much pixelated graphics". The appeal board proved me right 15 days later.
* Features :
- 3 maps, 40 levels.
- 3 modes (campaign, survival, time based)
- 50 collectable items to improve your miners team.
- 21 animated tutorials/demo
- Bonus levels, Powers ups, and Score bonuses.
- Original soundtrack by Jon Baken (the half of Georges & Jonathan).
- 7 Game Center leaderboards.
- Goodies, surprises.
Critical crash fix when items explode (diamonds for example).
Ratings and Reviews
Fun mining game.
One reviewer made a comment about ignoring the screen shots and he's right! They must be snapshots of higher levels because the game looks nothing like that as you're starting out and those screen shots just don't do it justice. They make the game look chaotic and it's really not, not at first anyway.
The gameplay is; you're basically responsible for leading a bunch of tiny little miner dudes to the gold and silver they need to mine by drawing (digging) a path from rock to rock. Similar to "Where's My Water," if you draw a path just a tiny bit under the rock to be mined, your little dudes will miss that ore by going under it. If the unmined ore gets to the top of the screen (because it's constantly scrolling), you lose. But, you can switch between dig and build modes, and use the build mode to redirect the miners to what you missed. OH, and if you accidentally trap miners, once they reach the top of the screen they die which slows progress dramatically and lowers your score. From time to time you get to pick up some more dudes when you find some trapped in an air pocket.
So anyway, this is a fun way to pass a little time and is actually a little addictive!
It's definitely WAY more fun than Gold Miner what's his name!!!
A bundle of retro fun
This game is a hoot and a half! A retro gem with perfectly fitting pixel art where you direct a horde of miners to dig for gold and avoid obstacles. Just watching the tiny miners do their work is fun enough, but the game packs in super heroes, strategy, giant worms, gas bubbles, candy, and everything else you would want to see in an homage to a bygone era of computer games. At this price, it's a no-brainer.
Two thumbs up!
- Jean-Philippe SARDA
- 26.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Si et JP
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.