MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
(2.124 is a service release which fixes Log Panel issues.)
Hello MIDI Designer users and welcome to Update 60 (Version 2.120)!
○ Waveforms! Guy Rowland -- an awesome layout contributor in his own right -- provided these back in February 2019. Now they're available for any Image Panel by default... thanks!
○ Now, use built-in Files app on iPad. Thanks Ed Spiegel and Michel for the push!
○ An iPadOS crash bug when double-tapping page tabs in design mode (thanks Philippe).
○ Other iPadOS crash bugs in buying IAPs.
○ A bug that would cause controls to jump when being moved (on iPad only).
MIDI Designer Team
Questions: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
App Love: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
Show Off: Want to show off what you’re doing with MD so we can feature it? Get in touch!
Stay Informed: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for version history.
Ratings and Reviews
Big creative problem solver
I was really frustrated that one of my favorite Moog synthesizers had no iPad app for deeper controls and, even simply easily knowing which preset I was on. iOS is mainly where I do my midi sequencing, synth patch editing. So it was annoying to have to unplug the iPad rig and hook up a computer. A few hours of setup (and a good bit of that was me wanting it to be cosmetically matching the synth) and I have a fully functional ‘app’ to control stuff with.
If you understand midi, I dont think it is a bad learning curve. Only thing I had to hunt online for guidance for was more advanced, changing the midi channel of the whole panel with one button. Found a dev tutorial easy though.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the positive words. We're amazed to see how our users DIY themselves out of difficult situations using MIDI Designer Pro 2. Glad to see that it got you from not understanding MIDI to building something useful easily. Enjoy!
I have written an interface for most of my gear with this app. This is the best midi interface app on the i-store, period. I recently dumped all the others off my ipad because they were just sitting there taking up space. I use it as a remote for my DAW, MKS20, Triton and GR55. I use an ipad 2 in an idock 2 and it works every time. I use midi ox to capture sysex on a pc and copy/paste onto a document adding some notes, print and then get busy having fun with it. Coolness!
Best of the Rest
First and Foremost: The developer is a Class Act! Look at the reviews on down the line for this app. Nothing but kudos and rightfully so.
I love this thing. I use it for pretty simple controller tasks and I am totally pleased with it! I have all the other ones...at the end of the day this thing turns out to be the only configurable midi controller I need. It just works without ANY hassle. Keep up the great work and a solid product!
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $4.99
- Automatic Backups $1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.