Every great idea starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful brainstorming app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Create an outline for an organized, hierarchical view, and observe how it grows as a mind map. Use the mind map to visually rearrange nodes and add new thoughts. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head the way you want to.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Mind map and outline side-by-side. Concentrate on one thought at a time with Focus Mode, Visual Tags, and foldable branches.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your document with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your idea will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your idea as text, image, and to many other file formats.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. Store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes, as well as importing and exporting files.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Outlining, Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images, and links to nodes
• Outlining: create your document using a hierarchical, organized approach
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your mind map
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at email@example.com and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
In this update we've further improved the Outline, fixed a few crashes & bugs, and much more.
• Correctly hid unsupported features in Legacy Mode
• Continued to improve Outline performance
• Disabled node sorting actions during text editing
• Ensured that the last selected node is centered when exiting the full-size Outline
• Ensured that a document cannot open in the full-size Outline if the Editable Outline feature is disabled
• New documents created in full-size Outline will not immediately start in edit mode
• Improved the layout of the Quick Entry draft popover
• Improved the Outline context menu
• Improved searching in the outline by adding a hint to remove filters to view more results
• Improved Drag & Drop in the Outline by allowing spring-opening of folded nodes
• Fixed a layout glitch on the screen shown after successfully subscribing
• Fixed a crash when creating a new document while "show only open tasks" is enabled
• Fixed an issue where text formatting would be lost when ending text editing
• Fixed an issue where the hierarchy was lost when dragging nodes in the Outline
• Fixed an issue where new nodes at the end of the Outline would be deleted if they had an image, but no text
• Fixed an issue where filtering settings would not work in the Free Editor and Legacy Mode
• Fixed app freezes when the Outline is open
• Fixed how main nodes are sorted after undo
• Fixed the Outline Drag & Drop indicator for right-to-left languages
• Fixed visual glitches when using MindNode in High Contrast Mode
• Prevented triggering most outline actions during Drag & Drop
• Unified the Outline Drag & Drop indicator
Ratings and Reviews
organizing thoughts and concepts
I have always had difficulty organizing my thoughts and finding connections between concepts. I can do it, but it's a struggle. With MindNode, I can see the connections. You simply start writing your notes and MindNode allows you to move them around as the different connections become more clear.
It's very intuitive and easy to learn. Almost all the options are available with the free choice, so you don't really need to go for the paid option unless you want to. Still, after learning how to use it, and seeing the benefits, I felt more than willing to offer some repayment to the developers. And the small amount requested for the added options was more than worth it.
But wait, there's more!! I work in the mental health industry. My colleagues have offered nothing but praise when I have sent pdf's of mindmaps. Several have requested information about signing up themselves, and more than a few were saddened to find it was a Mac program. (Any thoughts about opening this to other OS?) I have also used the maps when working with clients so they can better understand our goals and challenges.
Does this sound to good to be true? I assure you it is not. This is not a paid ad, only a completely satisfied and somewhat smitten user. This is truly an excellent program.
Developer Response ,
Oh thank you so much!! As we are a small company with limited resources unfortunately, we don't have the capacity to develop MindNode for an additional operating system at the moment. We are however thinking about a web-based version of MindNode. Maybe that might be of use to some of your colleagues and clients. I just can't make any promises on when this will see the light of day at the moment. In case you'd be open for it, it would be amazing if you'd get in touch with Greg from marketing for a user story interview for our website. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org :) Thank you again! Regards,
I NEVER Write Reviews...Well I guess I do now.
Amazing product. I run my own business developing and selling new products. I do just about everything as I only have a few stafff members. This product helps get all of your brain onto a page and allows you to sort and make rational decisions and prioritize things ( I have ideas to send to them on this). Im using it as a planner, organizer, roadmap, to-do, and conversation and event tracking tool for my business reminding me on ALL the past items and things accomplished and that need accomplishing for my company. A list can not do this. It cant connect across pages dynamically. It must be a visual map like this. It's how my brain works (Im sure others brains are the same, I think ;). I hope you guys continue to develop this and add non-obstructive features that stay out of the way but make this tool continue to grow in simplistic but powerful way. Its a breath of fresh air to other apps trying to get cute with lists and stuff, and unique way to run your business and life if you so choose. I plan to use this for various areas, but I've used it a few days and already I feel better about not having to keep all this in my head all the time, it clears the mind and allows you to think. Bravo, keep up the great work.
Developer Response ,
I got goosebumps while reading this. Thank you so much! Regards,
Manage your thoughts
The work I do and the way I think are sometimes but not often compatible. It really depends on how I manage the thoughts and ideas I have which are seldom related but almost always prompt some sort of follow-through.
I use MindNode for anything from meeting notes to just general problem solving and getting all of the stuff in my mind out into something I can see. The ability to move things around cleanly allows you to connect thoughts in ways you otherwise might not have - and in a way that's very visually pleasing to boot! It's an excellent product to help get the most out of your ideas and make even better ones.
I use this application to conduct meetings and invariably someone asks what it is: "It's called MindNode and you can find it on the app store."
"Yeah this is really cool!"
I cannot recommend it enough, especially if you're a scatterbrain like me who just wants to make sense out of the non-stop thinking I do all day!
Pro-tip: if there's something bothering you, whether it's at work or your personal life, one of my favorite things to do is to just put on some music, turn off my phone, close all chat, email, and browser applications, turn off WiFi, and just sit with MindNode open and figure things out for an hour. You will be astonished how much better you will feel afterward!
Developer Response ,
Wow wow wow, thank you so much!! ❤️ Would you maybe be interested in having your user story shared on our website? If so please contact Greg, our marketing guy, under email@example.com and he'll get in touch for an interview. Thank you, again! Love, V
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 34.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Yearly Subscription (Upgrade) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.