MinuteTaker is aimed at all professionals who need to capture and manage notes, minutes, reports and transcripts in a structured way.
Create structured Meeting Minutes and Acceptance Protocols and share them as clean and professional looking PDF-file to all attendees.
Available since 2012 and in use by users and companies worldwide.
MinuteTaker is based on the Action Item Format. Every decision, every statement or recommendation is described as a short and concise point. This keeps your protocols short
• Site Manager, Construction Manager
• Therapist (Physiotherapist, Phychotherapist, ...)
• Project Manager
• Team Manager
MinuteTaker groups related minutes within workbook, e.g. to track a project, recurring team meeting or appointments for a specific customer. With that you always get the big picture on what’s going on.
In addition MinuteTaker offers various search and filter capabilities:
• Full-text search
• Filter by state (open, done or overdue)
• Filter by responsible person
• Filter by tags
In addition to the items text, you can add additional information:
• Responsible person
• Due date (day or week)
• Custom tags, e.g. action, statement, recommendation, ...
• State: open, done, overdue (overdue is set automatically)
• Structure your action items by using subitems, e.g. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, ...
Every action item can be supplemented by related attachments:
• Documents (Word, Excel, Pages, ...)
• Images from your library
• Pictures taken from a flip chart or whiteboard with the devices camera
• Add scribbles and notes to images
• Share your minutes as professional looking PDF-files (incl. all attachments) via email to all attendees and recipients.
• Share action items to assigned people
• Create your own calendar events based on an action item
• Create a todo in your own app, e.g. Reminder or Things
SYNCHRONISATION AND COLLABORATION
• Sync your minutes via iCloud on all your devices
• Collaborate with others via “Share in iCloud”
To get full access to all MinuteTaker features, you have to subscribe. We offer a monthly or annual subscription that unlocks all features on all your devices. Try out all features with a 14-day trial.
If you have any questions or suggestions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter (@MinuteTakerApp).
• Small fixes and improvements
• Insert new action items after a selected item
• Redesigned export sheet incl. a preview and interactive view of the PDF file
• Some UI changes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
The Best App of Its Kind
MinuteTaker is absolutely amazing! The UI is amazing, and accurate, and I must say that their move to support the iPad Pro was right on time.
I would strongly recommend this app to anyone who is a business professional or student. I've used it under both context and it has helped me in more ways than I can spell out in this review.
Also, I think that it is important to note that the company is fast to respond to any questions, and more importantly, they have continued their updates since 2012!
At least try this app at your next project meeting.
I attend several meetings per week related to many different projects. My problem is that in every meeting I end up with tasks for me or another to do. Where this app is different from Notability, my go-to note-taking app, is the in-app task email function. In a meeting you can create a new "minute" or note, make it an action item, assign a responsible person and deadline and email out instantly from the app. An indicator appears as an open circle for in progress, green for done or red for overdue. You can also email or DropBox your notes. Or add something to your calendar.
I took off a star because I have trouble with naming. The default workbook name is the name of the first minute which can be confusing if the title of the first minute is something like Old Business. However you can rename the workbook if you relax and don't panic. Also the instructions were a little hard to understand at first because they described gestures that were unfamiliar to me. Much better than mine would be if I wrote them in German, though. It does not record voice like Notability. Once I got used to the interface I was fine.
Thanks for a great app. Can't wait to see other features that might be added. I have some ideas....
Off to a good start
If you seek a tool to help you quickly and easily create and circulate meeting agendas, this software will fill the bill. Creating agenda items is easy. So is reorganizing these agenda items, adding attachments and due dates to them, and noting the responsible individuals. Agendas look crisp and professional and can be emailed, saved to DropBox, or printed.
A few interface choices could be improved upon.
One must "edit" an agenda (different from editing an agenda item) before the option to export a full meeting agenda becomes visible.
Attendee lists are specific to each meeting. One can't yet build a library of attendee lists for use with multiple meetings involving the same or substantially the same people, which means repetitive keyboarding.
Meeting agendas are not templates; they are specific to each meeting and are dated accordingly. This makes it more difficult than I wish it was to quickly generate separate agendas for meetings that have many but not all of the same standing agenda items. Likewise, agenda items cannot be moved from one meeting agenda to another, making it more difficult than I'd like in this version to follow up on past items in recurring meetings.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Florian Mielke
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2022 Florian Mielke
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $59.99
- Monthly Subscription $6.99
- Monthly Subscription (Upgrade) $6.99
- Annual Subscription (Upgrade) $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.