Discover your personal family history! Genealogy gets a facelift with MobileFamilyTree 9: modern, interactive, convenient, and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way that would have amazed generations of chroniclers before you. Create visually impressive charts, evaluations, reports, and books, navigate through the Interactive Family Tree or Virtual Tree 3D view and experience genealogy in a whole new way.
• Designed specifically for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to make full use of Apple’s latest technologies
• Clear and easy-to-use interface
• Show your family tree: charts, reports, views, and lists
• CloudTree Sync&Share: real-time sync and collaboration
• GEDCOM import and export: exchange information with other applications
• Use MacFamilyTree to continue your research on your Mac (sold separately)
RESEARCH AND PUBLISH
• FamilySearch: Billions of genealogical entries
• Export charts and reports in a wide range of formats
• Easy sharing of charts/reports
• Print via AirPrint
WIDE RANGE OF REPORTS AND LISTS
• Person, family, and kinship reports
• Narrative report
• Places list, events list, anniversary list
• Particularities report
• Map report
• Person analysis
• Lists of persons
• Marriage lists
• Plausibility report
• Sources list
• Descendancy report
WIDE RANGE OF CHARTS AND VIEWS
• Hourglass chart
• Double Ahnentafel
• Statistic maps
• Name distribution chart
• Fan chart
• Relationship chart
• Genogram chart
HIGHEST LEVEL OF DATA PRIVACY
• Your data will be stored locally ...
• ... or encrypted and stored on iCloud
• You decide what happens to your data
• Persons and entries can be hidden from export
What's new in Version 9:
NEW USER INTERFACE
• Modern look
• More logical structure
• Easier and more comfortable to use
COMPLETELY NEW CHARTS
• Can be fully customized to your needs
• Countless display templates to choose from
• Significantly faster rendering, making full use of your graphics board/GPU's performance
• Drastically improved tree charts, showing all persons belonging to a given tree
• Countless layout and display upgrades for all charts
COMPLETELY NEW REPORTS
• Many style templates to choose from
• Fully adaptable to your own ideas
• Export as CSV (compatible with Numbers and Excel), plain text, RTF, or PDF
SUPPORTS DNA TESTS
• Store DNA test results
• Supports yDNA, mtDNA, and atDNA tests
CLOUDTREE SYNC & SHARE 2.0
• Share databases of any size with friends, family or between your own devices
• No more limitation to 5000 entries
• Considerably faster and more efficient sync
• Faster invitations to other people
• Numerous database upgrades: Birth order of children can now be specified without a date of birth, precise mapping of adoptive and step relationships & much more...
• Supports family crests & author information
• Specify and store alternative names for places
• New help guide system: Click the question mark icon to instantly display instructions for the section at hand
• Supports Apple's latest technologies: Handoff between MacFamilyTree & MobileFamilyTree, charts use Core Animation, interactive tree uses Metal
View a complete and impressive list of innovations at www.syniumsoftware.com/de/mobilefamilytree
Compatibility with MacFamilyTree 9.2
Create, manage and view Bookmarks of Persons, Families, Sources and Media
Ratings and Reviews
A wok in progress
A work in progress indeed. There’s no question this is a fine product/application but there is a pocket of confusion at the starting gate. I have just realized that in the upgrade from the Ver. 8 to 9, I have repeated reminders or choices, to choose one of the former version to migrate. That done, the old version ones still appear on the choice list at startup. Confused, I tried to merge all as I updated one and was not sure which of them as all have the same name. That couldn’t be done. That has been an enormous pain trying to rectify and eventually I have to find a way to stop go in remove all the backups from deep in. The library and replace it with the one that I had on my desktop. The producers must fix this and make it easier. My top ancestor cannot for some reason be integrated, is another anomaly, but one I still have to sort. It could be a preference setting.
My favorite program just got worse!
I have used MobileFamilyTree 7 & 8 and MACFamilyTree 7 & 8 versions now for about 12 years and l absolutely loved them. But this new 9.7 version of software is truly a disappointment. After placing over 3500 pictures into my database, they have destroyed all of my hard work by reducing the picture sizes down so small in the descendent, hourglass, circular, and ancestral charts, I can not even see them without a magnifying glass. This is especially true when you print them out. The design of the new round picture charts is very nice, but you have to adjust the size of each picture just so their foreheads and chins are not cut off by the size of the circle. It would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the circle to fit more of the pictures. I am staying with the older version of software because it respects all of the thousands of pictures I have added over the years. Don’t destroy my pictures please.
After all, why not one made for Apple products!
For over 20 years, I have been ancestor follower, family story collector and sharer. It wasn’t until finding Family Tree that I finally found a program I was confident in having a good relationship with, because I have preferred Apple since the first iMac I owned, 24 years ago. To have the program on iPad Pro and iPhone is the best. Not only will you have a more fluid and productive time, you have a more likely safe data security, and seamless connectivity only offered by Apple. Making an ancestry program for Apple OS makes Family Tree the only app I can suggest.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synium Software GmbH
- 114.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Synium Software 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.