Open your mobile money account in minutes, with Monese. We’re the banking alternative that offers you fast and free accounts in 31 countries.
Join over 2 million people and enjoy a full range of features. We’re giving you the financial freedom to live, work, travel, study and thrive wherever life takes you. We even provide business accounts.
Simple, fuss-free and easy - so how does it work?
• Open a GBP or EUR account, straight from your phone
• Get a contactless Mastercard debit card you can use globally - online, in-store or at ATMs
• Enjoy fee-free foreign currency card spending and ATM withdrawals
• Quickly send and receive money locally and internationally in 19 currencies
• Create a virtual card and pay online or in-store for an extra layer of security
• Open a joint account to easily spend, share and save with a loved one, roommate or friend
Moving from London to Paris, or from Bucharest to Berlin? Then Monese is the account for you. It’s already available in 31 countries – just have your passport or national ID card to hand.
Our feature-rich smartphone app also provides you with:
• Real-time notifications - instant updates whenever you use your account
• A detailed spending overview - for full transparency around your transactions
• Savings Pots - to put money aside for something special
• A fast, easy and secure way to pay, with Apple Pay
• An easy way to manage your Direct Debits and Recurring Payments to automatically pay for things like mobile phone contracts, rent, or gym memberships
• Instant balance - check your account balance by one swipe from your phone’s home screen
Plus, you can also:
• Link your PayPal account – to manage your PayPal balance and transactions from the app, and also to seamlessly add your Monese card to your PayPal wallet (in selected countries)
• Connect your British Airways Executive Club account, to track and manage your Avios whenever you need
• Open a savings account and earn interest on your savings with Raisin
• Get instant account statements in PDF or XLS
• Enjoy state-of-the art security features such as 3D Secure, locking or unlocking your card on the go, as well as strong encryption and biometric login
Enjoy the convenience of being able to send and receive money straight from your phone, get your salary paid in, set up Direct Debits and Recurring Payments - all while maintaining a complete overview of your earning, spending and saving. Withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide for free, within generous allowances, and add money to your account by bank transfer, using another debit card, or with cash at over 84,000 locations in the UK, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Spain.
You can open an account with us regardless of your citizenship or financial history, as long as you’re at least 18 years old and live in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Now, if you're a customer in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Spain or Sweden, you too can invite your friends to join Monese and you'll both receive a bonus once they sign up and start spending.
We've also made 54 fixes and improvements in this release.
If you love our app, don't forget to rate us! Your positive feedback makes our day.
Ratings and Reviews
A total recommend
I’ve joined last year with Monese in Italy. I’m currently in between Germany and the Netherlands. By using this method of banking, Monese is able to provide a excellent service no matter where you’re currently located. Getting the bank cards (Euro and Sterling) are as easy as where you’re situated. I like how transparent Monese is when you’re sending money abroad, and also receiving (or depositing) into your account.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - thanks a lot for your lovely message, we really appreciate it and are extremely happy to hear you're enjoying our services! Thank you!
Close my account down without warning
I was so happy to open a Monese account, unfortunately that didn’t last long. I’m not one for writing negative reviews but I felt people need to know, especially when it involves something as important as money. The app wouldn’t let me send money to my dad’s UK bank account, I emailed and got NO response for over a week, even longer, that’s never been resolved and I still owe my dad £50 for buying my mum a birthday present on my behalf, whatever I tried to get over it and adapt, I needed a bank account right? Then a few months later the app wouldn’t let me sign in, I had upgraded my phone to the new iPhone, still wouldn’t allow access to my microphone etc, I contacted them, they actually get back to me this time and say they can’t do anything and the phone is the problem. I’m like this is unacceptable, help me out, I’m your customer. They then CLOSE DOWN MY MONESE ACCOUNT with NO warning, can’t even sign in online: I type in my email address and it says no account with that email. I can’t believe this. I’m completely left without an account and they said they’re going to ‘send the remaining balance’ to a different account. I haven’t received my money yet. This app is awful! I could never get help from them when I needed it, terrible customer service and above all else; they close my account down and take my money?!?! What?!?! Beware!
Apple pay issue
Please fix the apple pay. There’s two points of this story. First of all. Please fix apple pay top ups. Because when i going to the page with top ups there’s no apple pay at all. Some buggy image loading less than a second and thats all. I will appreciate if you fix this. And the second broken thing is that I can’t add the eur card to the apple pay wallet. After i put all credentials inside apple wallet i see message - call the bank to verify the card. And on the line support don’t know nothing and forwarding back to apple. That thing is only with the eur card. With gbp it is ok.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monese Ltd
- 217.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, French, German, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Monese Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.