Only a group of teenagers, with a difficult life, will reveal what has been hidden for generations...
This is the story of Moth Lake,
a small town that, behind its peaceful facade, hides a terrible secret.
Only a group of teenagers, with a difficult life, will reveal what has been hidden for generations.
Mysterious events will intensify starting from the eve of a solar eclipse,
and our young friends will start a journey into the shadow and into their own soul.
What to expect from this game:
•2.5D pixel art (Frame to frame animations, as if we are still in '90s)
• Simple controls (Supporting touch screen, mouse, keyboard and controllers)
• Unconventional puzzles (Don't worry, there's a free walkthrough if you need help!)
• Choices that will change the bonds between the characters as well as the spirit of the experience (Just like in life, a choice can make the difference between friendship, love, hate, life or death)
• Thrills, suspense and horror (Not a survival game, but it can be creepy or scary at times)
• Bad humor and strong language (They are teenagers, don't judge them)
• At some point this experience might even move you to tear (I'm not crying, I just got a pixel in my eye)
• 6 different endings
• A soundtrack that is original, suggestive, and exciting
Moth Lake is a story-driven experience, with a lot of textual contents (more than 20k words), and hundreds of different scenes (more than 300 scenarios).
The script is a long journey through a mystery, through horrors and through the characters hearts.
It contains dark topics and very sad stuff, but also a lot of nonsense jokes and weird conversations, so it's hard to say whether it is a horror game or not.
The main characters move around a 2.5D world, interacting with many hotspots and NPCs.
They can pull objects and perform a set of specific actions to solve very different puzzles.
The artwork is a modern pixel art, with a big colour palette and a lot of frame-to-frame animations.
There's a very large set of animations, including talking, walking, running, crouching, crawling, pushing, climbing, sneaking, punching, throwing... and much more.
Scenarios have some modern lighting/shading work, with particles effects and a constant use of parallax, to simulate a 3D environment.
There are 6 main characters and more than 50 NPCs, with their own look and personality. You can control 7 characters through the main story and more in the additional chapters.
They all move their eyes, they change facial expressions, and they have some peculiar behaviours.
As the story proceeds, the player has to take some choices, affecting the characters mood and sometimes even the plot.
For most of the time the player controls a character surrounded by his/her friends.
Each one has some kind of skill to be used at the right moment, and sometimes even their personality will be important to solve a puzzle.
Some puzzles can be solved by a single character, while other must be solved using the whole squad cooperation.
As I said, the game aims to give psychological horror vibes.
So keep in mind that this game is not for everyone! Some scenes are disturbing, some scenes may give you anxiety, and some other scenes are extremely sad.
Characters are constantly called to face their difficult past, and to go through their scary present.
They need to hide, to take terrible decisions and sometimes even to fight for their lives.
...But after all, your choices can lead you to the best possible ending, and if you fail, you can always try again.
Fully translated in 20 languages!
Ratings and Reviews
Great gameplay long, smooth, good graphics. Funny & creepy. Point & click & action all in one, but they let you choose easy or hard which I like, sometimes idw a hard game just a good story. It made me go back and buy his all their games, and I will be looking for more in the future.
Love this game
Money well spent on this game but if you are a android user reading this it will probably be free
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefano Mazzotta
- 140.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2022 Sui Arts
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.