- Front Camera mirroring can now be set in Settings. By default it is turned off (as some people complained),
- Flip Image setting now works,
- Other bug fixes & minor enhancements
NOTE: Preferable, do use Remote app version 2.0.1 which is pending review by Apple.
Version 7.0 of MoviePro is completely rewritten from scratch using latest iOS technologies. It took over two years of work to reinvent, redesign, and rewrite MoviePro after number of iterations. The main challenge that we always faced was to grow features while keeping the interface clean and simple and keeping app responsive & fast. The present work provides foundation to keep adding even more powerful features in the next few months to unlock the true potential of cameras in latest iOS devices and other iOS devices running iOS 13.
Features in version 7.0:
- Fully revamped & rewritten using latest iOS development technologies,
- Compatible with iOS 13 & latest iPhone/iPad screen sizes,
- Brand New UI,
- Support for Timelapse (configurable timelapse interval and record duration),
- Presets can now be added, renamed, reordered, deleted in Settings,
- Simultaneous manual focus & exposure adjustment using Arc sliders,
- Image statistics scopes (Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope),
- Focus & Exposure Aid tools (Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping),
- Focus pulling : You can set two custom points A,B for focus and each of exposure variables and can perform ramp anytime from current value to A or B at configurable speed,
- Mini editor enhancements : Trim, rotate, SlowMo, compress, change codec, aspect ratio, resolution, and color enhancements (Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, Vibrance, Color Balance, Shadows),
- Various other minor enhancements,
- The remote app version 2.0 will be released shortly that provides more controls and capabilities. Earlier version of remote app is not compatible with this version of MoviePro,
- Bug fixes
If you like MoviePro, please give a 5 star rating and review to support us. This is just the beginning and more updates will be released in the coming months with more powerful features.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use app to make quality videos. Needs more sharing options.
I was having problems with the built in camera app and another free app using an external microphone and washed out faces due to lighting.
I purchased this app because it has an audio meter you can turn on to get visual confirmation your audio is working. After using the app it was great to discover it also gives you confirmation when you connect an external mic and allows you to adjust the input level. This was a great help! This along with the ability to adjust ISO and Shutter allows for superior video over the built in app and the free app I was using.
I would rate this 5 stars if it had integration with Apple’s files app and allowed you to move the files to other apps on your device.
". . . you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps."
I have experimented with a number of iOS video recording/remote control app packages. Marketing promises notwithstanding, the only one that I have found to be reliable under "field" conditions has been the MoviePro/MoviePro Remote set of apps.
As has been true with each software PAC kàge that I attempted to use, there were start up problems that needed tech support help. In MoviePro's case, it wasthe transfer of the recorded footage from my iOS device to my Mac.
Unique to MoviePro was the rapidity and effectiveness of their response. As I told them, "Your file sharing traction made the transfer easy. With this rescue off my video data, you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps for me. For the first time, yesterday, I was able to operate a three camcorder recording of an important event from a chair with a side-tray, rather than standing for two hours (at 81, that matters!), and I felt that I was finally in control of everything that I needed to control. Accessing the video file add the experience perfect. Well done, and thank you for hand-holding me through the necessary problem solving."
Important Features are Always Buggy
I've been using this off and on for last month or so. Basically as soon as I got my iPhone 8+ I wanted a way to record audio using Bluetooth headphones without a separate track and this was it. Just remember to turn down the volume when in the app so you don't hear your voice. Layout is good but a little bit of a learning curve although videos are available. It allows you to have presets and more control overall with a clean see through design.
Problem is the AF, AE, and AWB glitch out a lot causing them to get stuck in the auto modes even if you attempt to refocus them. Fix action for me is to click out of the feature then click back in. I contacted the app maker and we attempted to troubleshoot but he admitted he did not have the iPhone 8+ at the time so figuring out the issue would be difficult. Built-in iPhone camera app works properly but I do like the features of Moviepro if it was reliable. Tried to record a video today only to realize the app froze 55sec in.
App is nice but when all the important features are constantly buggy then what's the point...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.