The power of a digital audio workstation in the palm of your hand.
Release your creativity with up to 32 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, harmonies, solos, and experiments. No more worrying about bouncing - each instrument can have its own track. More cowbell? No problem!
Build new songs like a recording studio, with the monitoring and overdubbing capabilities of MultiTrack DAW. Move and trim audio until it's perfect, and mix the sound until it's just right. Export your work with a multitude of sharing options.
MultiTrack has a wide range of input capabilities, including the built-in mic, headset mics, and USB interfaces and mics. AudioUnits (AUv3) and IAA (Inter-App Audio) are also supported as inputs and as effects.
File types for import include mp3, ogg, wav, aac, m4a, aif, and m4a. MultiTrack now offers 8 ways to get audio files in and out: iTunes/Finder File Sharing, Wi-Fi, Drag&Drop, Copy/Paste, 'Open in...', Airdrop, the Files app, and importing from the Music Library. Whole projects can be archived in-app and shared, and sent directly to other devices using AirDrop, Wi-Fi, or any other iOS sharing method.
2 stereo audio tracks, upgradable to 32, for simultaneous playback.
16 inputs simultaneously (USB interface required).
16, 24, or 32 bit floating point at 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz, professional quality lossless audio for each track.
Inter-App Audio / AudioUnits v3 - Generators, Instruments, and Effects supported.
Up to 4 AU/IAA plugins on each track, the 2 effects busses, and the master out.
Sidechain capable, use the 'SC' button to pick a source track pre/post FX.
Audiobus 3 - Can be used as a sender for any track or master out. Supports saving and restoring state.
Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins.
Built-in track Compressor and EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving).
Built-in Sweet Reverb and Stereo Delay available as bus effects.
Grid View with Snap to easily align regions.
Freeze tracks for improved performance.
Metronome adjustable from 40 to 240 BPM.
Various musical Time Signatures.
Ruler showing bars/beats/divisions/ticks or timecode.
Volume faders have +12db of gain boost.
Per-Region volume and fade in and out, with realtime audio monitoring while editing.
Ability to monitor the input signal with effects, while recording the raw input.
Looping with the Loop Markers.
Hotbox popup control (Long-touch over track) with context sensitive buttons.
Audio Browser allows preview of audio files in the song.
Snap, Punch, Input Monitor, Auto Input, Undo and Redo, and many more features.
Smart Snap displays red vertical lines with exact snapping placement, snaps to any other region or ruler line.
Beautifully rendered waveforms at multiple zoom levels.
Low latency VU meters for each track.
64 bit audio processing.
Latency compensation with selectable buffer sizes.
Zip compression of song projects for backup/restore.
Wav, mp3, ogg, ALAC, FLAC, and m4a compression for mixdown with selectable bitrates.
Free 'Sound Copy' app extension allows copying audio to the General Pasteboard from outside MultiTrack.
Many, many more features.
For more information visit harmonicdog.com
* USB Audio requires Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
• Sidechain inputs for AudioUnit plugins. Use the 'SC' button on plugs that publish a sidechain input (or multiple input busses), like FabFilter (MB Pro, Timeless 3), RoughRider3, NYCompressor, or Blue Mangoo Multiband Compressor. Sidechain input can source from any other track, pre or post effects, including other tracks that also have sidechain effects.
• Per-Region Volume. When editing a region, an additional Handle will control the volume (-45 to +12 dB)
• Vertical dragging of Regions or multiple Regions. You ask for it, we deliver.
• Tracks now allow mono or stereo regions on the same track, the VU meter will change channel count dynamically.
• Separate 'Bounce' and 'Copy' buttons in the Hotbox. The Bounce button will mixdown all audio in selected regions and copy it to the Pasteboard.
• Realtime monitoring of editing/moving Regions, start/stop/fadein/fadeout/volume, during playback.
• Undo/Redo of track deletion/creation/moving. Tracks will animate back to original position on Undo/Redo.
• Improved Loop Marker adjustment, window will now autoscroll when dragging Loop Markers.
• Wi-Fi web server now has options for toggling 'Track FX', 'Bus FX' and 'Master FX' for track downloads.
• AUView now has 'Speaker' icon used to toggle the output.
Many more things.
Improved UI look and feel, snapping, and Tooltips.
Fixed some issues associated with Stem Mixdown.
Adds dB markings to Large Fader VU Meters.
Large Input Fader can expand up to a 32 channel VU Meter.
New Create Song panel with song name and bits/rates.
Adds a tooltip to the Large Pan Knob (-64 to +63).
• New low price! Basic MultiTrack now comes with 2 tracks and with all features enabled. If you bought MultiTrack before this version, you will of course retain your track counts and all previous purchases.
• Tracks can be now be purchased in multiples of 8, up to a total of 32.
• 32 bit floating point project formats! Use the '32f' option (Gear icon on the Songs Screen) to create a project with the new format.
• New midi piano keyboard controller for AudioUnit Music Devices or Instruments. With Pitchbend/modwheel sliders and scalable key widths. Automatic velocity and aftertouch on supported devices.
• Mixdown stems as separate tracks into a folder, with normalize option.
• AudioUnit plugin view can be moved and resized, and remain onscreen. Supports multiple AU Instruments open at once on iPad.
• FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) and ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) implemented.
• Pin button. On iPad, AU plugins and instruments now have a Pin button to keep the plugin on screen. When opening a song, all pinned plugins will restore their position.
• Multi-channel wav export.
• Track Duplicate feature.
• Mute/Unmute per region.
• iOS 14 ColorPicker for changing track color, with a wider range of colors.
• Enable iOS Status Bar for iPad split view or slide over mode.
• Added Bounce button to Audio Browser.
• Allow reordering of track FX by dragging tabs (Compressor, EQ, and AudioUnit chain).
• Allow dragging of AudioUnit windows outside of screen edges.
• Adds sorting of AudioUnits in selection panels with most recently used at the top.
• 'Allow Portrait' toggle switch for iPhone in Settings.app (default is on), switch off to force landscape.
• Store last selected 'Ruler' and 'Time Display' metronome settings, as default for new songs.
Ratings and Reviews
It's simple :)
Took me 15 minutes to finally realize this app can't record midi notes. It only records actual audio. Sad. I was looking for a daw like garageband, that could record midi data, but with the ability to freeze tracks... Since garageband lacks that very important feature. This isn't it. That said, this app does look freakishly simple to use and honestly it seems much easier to work with. For some reason, garageband always feels like it doesn't really fit in an iPhone screen. I wish this app had midi recording with track locking, but I bet that would be a very complicated feature for the devs, so I don't blame them for not having it. Maybe some day, who knows? But in the mean time I guess I'll reluctantly have to look elsewhere.
Top Shelf! Again I Say! TOP SHELF!
I LOVE THIS APP!
Harmonic Dog does it again!
New update is really awesome! 32 tracks on an iPhone or iPad is SOOOO COOOL!
Look folks how long this app has been around and it’s STILL ALIVE AND WELL! Not a fly by night outfit!
If you’re looking for a user FRIENDLY DAW for your iOS device look no further, this is dope!
I STILL use this app with great results!
I STILL reach for this app! It’s uncomplicated, EZ to use quickly gets me to the task at hand. I’ve NEVER had issues with this app and am stunned at the continued support/maintenance of this app! While updates are few and far between... when the update rolls in it’s MAJOR and well done!! AND amazingly FREE updates! That’s a huge win cuz I HATE SUBSCRIPTION services! Thank you Harmonic Dog YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
Another great update! Now with looping until you "got it right" option! New device support too!
This is one my favorite apps! Even tho I have more "complicated" more expensive DAWs for iPad, this is the one I always goto! There's just enough bells and whistles to get a very good multitrack recording (depending on your device) and if you include it in the audio chain of AudioBus you're pretty much good to go until "mastering" The devs keep supporting this app which I'm very grateful!! This is app is Top Shelf!
Thanks Harmonic Dog for your continued support of such a great user friendly app!
Great simple audio only Daw, I don’t get the auv3 part ?
As far as recording audio, if that’s what you’re after and not midi sequencing, this is great....to an extent. If you want to mix in it and not export it to a more professional Daw or desktop Daw should I say for mixing , it’s fine. Personally I think the developers should have added an option to export stems to the files app. That would have taken things to the next level for me personally.
What I don’t get is how auv3 support was implemented....at all.
I get using audio units effects for mixing....but I don’t get using audio unit instruments with it. You can’t play the majority of audio unit synth or instruments, at least not with a midi controller, and many don’t have onscreen keyboards inside of multitrack Daw. Adding support for audio unit instruments feels like a waste of time the way it’s been implemented, I’d rather just use a Daw where I can actually use them and not just be able to look at them.
Exporting stems would have been a lot more useful imo.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hamilton Feltman
- 18.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Harmonicdog
- In-App Purchases
- Add 16 Stereo Tracks $9.99
- Add more tracks $4.99
- Add 8 Stereo Tracks $4.99