MultiVid is a multi-screen synchronization playback solution for iPhone and iPodTouch. MultiVid is designed for economic playback of video content in multi-screen synchronization applications for theatrical performances and for visual artists.
Quicktime encoded MP4 video files can triggered to play in sync across multiple iPods/iPhones and to external screens. Triggering can be initiated from a iPhone / iPod Touch device or from the external OS X control software (separate download): http://www.marcotempest.com/multivid
The multi-screen synchronization capabilities found in MultiVid make it a very cost effective and reliable tool for multi-screen solutions without the need for a centralized video processor. Any number of MultiVid units can be synchronized. Sync accuracy is currently around 500 milliseconds and can be reduced to <50 ms when used in conjunction with the network time server functionality included with the OS X Controller app.
- Utilizes OS X server software to upload video files to your devices (separate download)
- Video file playback can be triggered from iPhone/iPod or from the provided OS X server software
- Video file playback on device screen or on external screen (external screen playback requires video out Apple cable)
- Triggering via OSC API (Open Sound Control) via TCP/UCP
- Auto-discover (Nothing to configure) as long as all devices and the server software share the same WiFi network
- Host computer running OS X to upload video files to devices and to run the server software (server software not required for playback)
- WiFi Network
- One (1) iPhone or iPod Touch device for each screen,
- Apple video cables for connecting external screens.
Special thanks to Twisted Media, Inc. for supporting the development of MultiVid!
iOS 11 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've been using this app since 2012 and Always I surprise my friends.
Love the concept
I look forward to things which I can learn and use within this app, my only small complaint would be a better instructional setup and perhaps some pre-downloaded examples or displays that can really show off the capability of the app.
Love the concept!
Love the app! My two biggest issues are:
1- I can't figure out how to start different content on all devices at the same time.
2- triple clicking on the bottom left corner of the black screen does NOT get me the menu screens for the controller.
So, since this is mostly what I am wanting to do, this app is not helping.
Still there is value! I'd give it a 5 Star if I could figure these issues out!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.