"MusicMath" is a musical tool that includes a timecode calculator, a tap tempo, a tempo to delay in millisecond and hertz converter, a note to frequency table converter, a sample length converter, a tempo change converter, and a frequency to note converter.
• Add and subtract timecodes or frames
• Convert a number of frames to timecodes
• Simultaneously convert the number of frames and the timecode
• Conversion of timecode when changing the frames format
• Managing frames formats 23.976 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps, 29.94 fps, 29.97 fps, 29.97 fps drop frame, 30 fps, 50 fps, 59.94 fps, 60 fps
• Real time display for formats 23.976 fps, 29.94 fps, 29.97 fps, 59.94 fps
• Unlimited history calculations
• History can be saved and exported to other applications
• Improved algorithm for impresize tap
• Transfer calculated tempo to other MusicMath tools
Tempo to delay table:
• Convert tempo to milliseconds and hertz
• Convert for whole-note, half-note, quarter-note, eighth-note, sixteenth-note, thirty-note and sixty-fourth-note for dotted notes and triplets
Note to frequency table:
• Convert MIDI notes to frequencies
• Adjustable diapason and root note
• One hundred selectable temperaments
• Visualization of intervals in cents for each temperament
• Taking into account the temperament for the calculation of frequencies
• Plays piano sound when notes are touched
Sample length converter:
• Convert length between samples, milliseconds, and tempo
Tempo change converter:
• Calculates tempo change by ratio (%) and transposition
Frequency to note converter:
• Convert a frequency to the closest note and the cents needed
• Plays the frequency
• Resizable window
• Full screen supported
• Values can be modified by long click and drag with mouse or trackpad
• Values can be changed with the mouse wheel or the scroll gestures of the trackpad
• The input interface has been modified
• New documentation
• Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly useful for electronic musicians!
From calculating delay times for non-tempo-synced effects, to figuring out proper loop lengths for a particular BPM, to calculating the correct LFO speeds to match your project, this app does it all. Its incredibly useful, and I use it so frequently that if I'm working at a friend's and they DON'T have it, I feel a little lost!
Great Timecode Calculator
I have tried other timecode calculators apps that gave the wrong answers. This one works. It also remimbers the frame rate, so that every time you launch the app you don’t have to reenter frame rate.
very handy utility for tempo-related tasks
I like all the various functions this app provides, especially the delay times of different note values at the chosen tempo.
I do have one fairly significant complaint though: the volume of the click is very low compared to the volume level of other audio apps I use. So for example, when I’m trying to determine the tempo of a song playing in iTunes, I have to turn the volume way down within the iTunes application to compensate for having to turn the overall computer volume up in order to hear the click in musicNMath.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Laurent Colson
- 9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Laurent Colson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.