Musk MIDI Player: Your instant MIDI player - just add sounds and MIDI files!
* Load any MIDI file and sound library (a small General MIDI sound font is included)
* You can search the web for MIDI files and download.
* Play MIDI files up to 8 times slower or faster
* Transpose MIDI files.
* Follow the MIDI notes on the keyboard and distinguish different MIDI channels
* Read along the lyrics
* Let the app speak the lyrics during playback
* Let the app announce the bar and beat numbers. So you can easier follow the notes in a printed score.
* Mute or solo tracks or use them to navigate
* Use automatic sound switching or customize the sound associated with each MIDI channel.
* Mix with the original sound. (Deactivated on iOS14, reactivated on iOS15)
Integrated web search:
* Use the built-in web browser to search for MIDI files on the web.
* The browser highlights MIDI (.mid, .midi) and Karaoke (.kar) links.
* Downloaded files play back immediately.
* Jump to a specific position using a slider
* To jump back to that position using the repeat button
* Jump to the position of certain meta-events (lyrics, markers, time signature, key signature and tempo changes)
Supported file formats and extensions:
* MIDI (mid, midi)
* MIDI karaoke (kar)
* Sound fonts (sf2)
* Downloadable Sounds (dls)
* Logic Pro EXS-24 instrument files (exs)
* Audio Unit Presets (aupreset)
* Zip files (zip)
Importing files via:
* ITunes: transmission via Mac or PC
* ICloud: synchronizes the data on all your Apple devices. (Network connection required)
* Other Apps from the manufacturer this app: All of his apps access to the same iCloud directory. (No network connection required)
* Safari: search for a website that offers SoundFonts. Click on the file. Wait until it is downloaded. Then select this app in the "Open In" dialog.
* Mail: Select the attachment and select this app in the "Open In" dialog.
* Other apps: use the "Open In" dialog. (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive)
Inter-App-Audio, Audiobus and Core-MIDI support:
You can use the audio output of this app in other apps:
* Record the mixed-down audio output in Garageband, AudioShare or other apps.
* Add sound effects in GarageBand, VoiceSynth or other apps.
* Use this App as a MIDI-Generator in Audiobus or in apps that can receive Core-MIDI notes.
* Speech output can not be sent to other apps.
* Which app combinations are possible depends on Your hardware and Your sound fonts.
* Playing MIDI files with many notes per second can push older devices to their limits. When you hear a scraping noise, try lowering the playback rate.
Fixed channel sliders.
Ratings and Reviews
Fills a need in iOS music making
4.5 Stars. I bought this only after the recent update because IAA, AB3, and Core-Midi support was added. I can now easily load one midi file or more into an AUM or AB3 session to drive another synth or even record the midi output. There are midi workstations out there but sometimes I just want to use a single midi file i created or downloaded to use in an AUM session and this fills that need perfectly. If it was AUV3 it be 5 stars. Great update. Really like the App, and glad I purchased.
Not working with OS 14.2
The program stutters and then crashes since I updated OS 14.2 on my iPhone and iPad. Any bug fixes planned? Still my favorite app. I use this app a lot to learn songs. Is there a way to view only 1 long keyboard to see triggered notes? My eyeballs get quite a workout. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
The app crashed and stuttered because of an iOS 14 bug. There is a workaround in the current version. Thanks for the nice review. The problem with one keyboard is that it would be very small because we must divide the screen width by the number of keys. Please get in touch at https://sites.google.com/site/muskapps/support.
This is the first app I can find that can play midi files in their true glory. The only problem is that I don't know how to install other sound fonts. Other that that, very nice!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Joerg Garbers
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Joerg Garbers
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.