** As featured in the Guardian and Mashable: "How 1 app helped me tackle my iPhone addiction once and for all" **
A perfect companion to Apple’s Screen Time, Mute’s powerful habit changing tools will keep you focused and phone free.
Users love Mute! “Possibly the most important app on your phone”, “Great app that’s kicking my app habits”, “Game changing“, “Works like magic”
Habit Changing Tools:
- Challenges change phone habits. Like the Daily Mute — see how long you can stay off your phone each evening compared to your friends.
- Daily scheduled downtime like Nightime Ninja (staying off your phone all night) and Mindful Morning — breaking the habit of checking your phone as soon as you wake up.
• Mute Messages
- Motivate you by making you feel good for not using your phone!
- “Nick you’re smashing it today - only 31M on your phone!”
- “Boom! 2H23M break from your phone! Digital detox goal achieved!”
- Easy to access at the foot of the home screen
- Edit & discard sat-nav or podcast type pickups from your stats
- Pause/Resume Mute tracking anytime
- Tag you home/work/school to see where you spend the most time on your phone
• Today Widget
- Check your detox streak even when your phone’s locked
- See challenge detox progress from your lock screen
• How much do you think you use your phone every day? 1 hour? 3 hours? Mute keeps you posted on: your daily screen time and pickups; the frequency you check your phone; and how long you can resist it's pull!
• Mute automatically tracks when you use your phone at home, work, school or on the move so it can help you to break habitual use.
• Screen time and digital detox goals - use your phone less and fill the 4 progress rings.
•Daily and weekly stats - see how much time you can reclaim from your phone each week with a little help from Mute!
Mute Premium is an optional upgrade for Mute users. Mute Premium subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged through your iTunes account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes Account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Terms of service: http://app.justmuteit.com/terms
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Mute has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
Mute's Digital Detox Challenges just got a whole lot better with two powerful new features
• Habit Breaking Streaks
- More motivation to stay off you phone and change your daily habits.
• Repeat Challenges
- Mute can now auto-repeat your challenges.
- Want a detox challenge to keep you off your phone every weekday morning? Mute takes care of it!
- Daily dinner downtime with the fam? Mute takes care of it!
Ratings and Reviews
Well made app! Does exactly what it says it will do!
I've only been using Mute since this morning. It does a great job of tracking my phone usage. It runs well in the background. So far I've stayed under my usage goal so I haven't had a notification yet. Of course, writing this review has taken a little chunk of my screen time so I'll finish for now. I'll come back and update my review based on my findings!
To the author, thanks for an awesome app! A few suggestions 😊
1. Add a way to manually set a pin in the map to specify locations like work and home instead of only relying on locations the app has already found.
2. Eventually make it into a social media app that allows users to add their friends and family and be able to compare process and perhaps challenges.
3. I listen to podcasts in my car when commuting and leave the podcast app up to skip over ads. Of course this shows up as screen time. It would be great if iOS allows an app to detect what app is up in the foreground. If so, you could allow users to exclude certain apps from being part of the usage time and keep track of what the app time is by app. I have a feeling Apple doesn't allow background apps to detect what app(s) are running in the foreground though.
It does track but not well and drains the battery
So this app does track your time but there are two aspects that make it not worth using
1) I use a gps app to get around. The app tracks that and as I played around with it didn't see any ability to filter out certain other apps such as maps. The goal is to cut out useless time on things like instagram. But if my daily commute time gets wrapped up in that with no way of distinguishing the difference then the app is useless.
2) the app says it's "required" that it always knows your location so that it can tell you where you used your phone the most. This should be an option to turn off and on and the fact that it's required leads me to believe that something shady is going on here. They hide it under the guise of "let us tell you where you are when your using the app". I don't need to know that. I don't care. That's a secondary tool that only a slight few would find useful. Most people know where you are when you're using your phone. The other problem is this constant location being available is that it drains your battery constantly. The theory of the app is good but the creators are already trying to find ways to monetize that they've already sacrificed the abilities of the app itself.
This is what I have been looking for!
This app is far superior to the other phone tracking apps. It’s clear, precise, simple, and works perfectly in the background. Unlike some of the other phone addiction tracking apps like the one where you plant trees, you just become addicted to planting trees! This app doesn’t leave you feeling bad about your phone use, but just informs you of how much you use it.
If I could give 6 stars, I would. This app could also easily be a paid app (if I can donate, I will!)
This is an essential app that everyone in 2018 should have, especially with phone addiction being prevalent.
- Glued To Ltd
- 85 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Glued To Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Mute Premium $7.99
- Mute Premium $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.