mylifecoachapp is designed for the challenges of adulthood. Perhaps you are facing issues concerning your friendships, education, career choice, children, or marriage/divorce/separation/widowhood, health or caring for an elderly relative. mylifecoachapp provides written and audio prompts to help you think through an issue you are facing.
All adults are facing problems, challenges and dilemmas. Sometimes we struggle to deal with a specific pressing issue. Are you too close to your issue to see a way forward? Stuck? Do you have unhelpful emotions about your issue that are hard to shake off, but that limit your thinking?
- mylifecoachapp is unique intelligent self-help coaching software. It has been developed by Professor John Sparrow who is a Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and a registered Practitioner Psychologist with the United Kingdom Health Professions Council. He is a qualified life coach and is a Consulting Associate of the Institute of Reflective Practice. The software is based upon thirty years of research into the psychology of thinking, including the roles of reasoning, creative thinking and mood thinking with words and images.
- By showing you a picture of a situation that is different to yours but parallel, you will be helped to see what has led to that situation and what can be done there. Seeing how to handle that unthreatening issue will reveal what you can do in your situation! Extending cognitive behaviour therapy and metaphor therapy, this is visual metaphor life coaching!
- mylifecoachapp uses the information you give it about your issue, current emotion, strengths, ways of coping, personality, gender and age to select images from hundreds of potential parallel pictures stored in the cloud to help you see your way forward for each step of your journey. With each image, coaching prompts can be read or listened to. They are also calculated on the basis of the information you have entered. The app draws upon over 4000 files!
- mylifecoachapp provides coaching support for health, career, relationships or lifestyle issues you are facing, or any other personal situation (e.g. family, caring or weight concerns) that you feel a bit stuck with. It is designed to be used by people aged 18 and over.
- Each time you use it, it will guide you through seven steps in a coaching programme. You get the equivalent of 7 thirty-minute coaching sessions for every issue you choose to address! The seven steps are: 1) seeing how your current emotion is limiting your thinking; 2) looking at your issue from new perspectives; 3) preparing for change and letting go; 4) seeing options, making choices and action planning; 5) taking your first steps; 6) dealing with obstacles; and 7) dealing with your new emotion on reaching your goal.
- Downloads of the calculated files for each of the seven coaching steps only take about forty seconds on GPRS and a lot less on Wi-Fi.
- The app lets you produce your own log of every step of your journey towards your chosen goal and the emotion you seek.
- You can use it in complete confidence. All of the information you enter is only kept on your device. It is not sent anywhere. The app does all of the calculations. Only the image files and coaching files that it requests are stored in the cloud.
- Repeated use of the app will teach you to ask key questions yourself specifically related to your age, gender, personality, strengths, ways of coping and emotions, alongside some key coaching principles, to help you address situations you may face in the future.
New design and logo.
- Visualsolve Ltd
- 6.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Visualsolve Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.