PLAY SMARTER GOLF
TaylorMade’s myRoundPro provides an unprecedented statistical analysis experience, designed to help every golfer better understand, adapt, and improve their game.
With the myRoundPro app, you can track your rounds on the go, enabling you to record your scores, check detailed yardages with built-in GPS, analyze every shot on a map of the course, and begin to identify areas for improvement.
GET IN-DEPTH STATS
Based on the record of your shots and scores, myRoundPro analyzes golfers’ statistics to include new data such as Strokes Gained and classic statistics like fairways hit and greens in regulation—giving the golfer all the data they need to adapt and improve the way they play.
While you play a round of golf, this app uses your location even when the screen is turned off to improve user experience, which can decrease device battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad GPS tool, bad interface, great stats
I love the way they report stats and use the strokes lost metric. It is super helpful in informing where you need to improve your game...
Unfortunately the interface is super lacking. The app is pretty much useless as a general GPS app. It does not passively give yds to points of interest and getting yardage from a spot is clunky. I want yards to layup points and to bunkers, front back of green, etc. When I use the app I use Golfshot gps for my general yardage and score keeping. The only reason I even open this app is for the metrics that can be taken off of your shot placement and performance.
Another glaring issue with the interface is how they handle puts and the green. It often doesn’t let me move the flag after asking me to move the flag. Why not allow you to quickly mark current location as the flag location? It is very difficult to correctly position put points and the flag because of how they position the touch point under your finger a little too much.
All of the interface issues are frustrating. Not sure if I’ll keep up with the app or not. If a competitor provides strokes gained metrics and a better interface I’d probably move. If TaylorMade can work out it’s glaring interface problems they may be able to pull me from golfshot. The lack of updates don’t show promise.
Developer Response ,
So sorry for the delay and the issues you'r experiencing with our app. Fortunately, we've made a number updates & app improvements since this review. Please give us another try. As we progress with the app, you will continue to see more updates and system improvements. Happy Golfing!
Pretty good for the casual golfer!
I don’t play religiously, but I like to have game metrics and free maps, and this gives you that. The GPS doesn't seem 100% accurate, but close enough for getting a decent reality check on yardage for club selection. The app eats battery and I’m constantly cutting close to going through my battery before my 18 holes are up!
1) Need to expand the club selection for building your bag, even if it means having a fill-in to add your clubs. Muira and Honma are both missing from the standard selections, and it seems there’s enough of these out there to warrant adding them!
2) Need a way to ID club beyond “SW” or “D”. For instance, mini drivers register as drivers, and I know enough people who carry one in place of a 3W, and I personally carry an extra wedge and have a hard time IDing it after hitting w/o knowing which SW is which.
3) It might be nice to add an in-app camera function to take a picture at any given strike point. Sometimes some memorable things happen, and it would be nice to capture it as part of the round recordings.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review of myRoundPro on the IOS App Store regarding your suggestions for our app. So sorry for the delay.
We greatly appreciate consumer feedback and will forward this to our development team.
On your club selection question; you can customize it to fit the specs of your clubs without indicating the "brand & model".
Feel free to go into the app
• At the bottom select “Clubs”
• At the top select “Bag Settings”
• Select “add club”
• You can then enter in all the data on each club in your bag (loft, flex, etc.)
• The part that asks for “brand and model” you can skip
I hope that helps and you be kind enough to give us another rating real soon.
Happy Golfing! myRoundPro Support
App seems to be well put together. Give a nice data display. My biggest problem with the app is no Apple Watch support. I get that this app came about with the help of Samsung. I feel that taylormade being the size they are wouldn’t have to restrict the app to Samsung Watch by going into a contract.
Also needs to be able to edit course data for personal use. I’ve played a par 3 course and it claims there are par 4s and 5s on it. Which changes the data statistics.
I currently don’t use it based on pace of play and having to mess with my phone all day. If I could use my watch I think it would be a 4/5 or 5/5 star app.
- Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc.
- 104.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2018 TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.