NewsBar RSS reader 4+
Designed for iPad
NewsBar, the top-selling Mac newsreader for iPhone and iPad. Simple and clean interface, fast RSS engine, and zero-config iCloud sync across iOS and MacOS devices.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear immediately on your device, just as they are published. You can easily organise, read, follow, mark and search news from your favourite news sources. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay.
With NewsBar there is no need to create any account or login into any service, news reading easy, safe and private.
Top-seller news app in Mac App Store since 2011.
◦ High speed, efficient RSS engine
◦ Twitter @user and #hashtag news feed reading
◦ iCloud sync across all Apple devices
◦ Full sync with NewsBar for Mac OS
◦ Clean, intuitive and easy to use interface
◦ Easy swipe between views and stories
◦ Organise feeds into user defined folders
◦ Keyword filter with iOS Notification Center support
◦ Configurable background refresh
◦ User selectable RSS and/or web browser view
◦ Built-in web browser
◦ Auto-hide read items
◦ Share news by Email, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook
◦ Star news for later reading
◦ Feedly and Pocket sync
◦ Quick text search in all feeds
◦ Enable/disable feeds
◦ Read password protected RSS feeds
◦ RSS 2.0, ATOM support
• Core update: NewsBar now compatible with latest
• Dark Mode support: NewsBar now supports dark mode
• Improved iPad support
• Improved sync: iCloud and Feedly sync improved
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fix this app, please.
Newsbar is great for what it is. However, it would be a much better program if I didn't have to play "babysitter" across multiple apple devices. I use iCloud for multiple cross-functional programs and Newsbar is the only program I have issues with. That is, if I view/read a Newsbar article on one device, then that action should be represented across all iCloud connected devices. Sometimes it works great while other times it does not. Please fix this. Thanks!
As someone else is complaining, I find myself rereading on different devices. I don’t recall that happening before.
More distressingly, I’m getting push notifications (but no actual news items) from NewsBar on my iPhone, claiming to be ads from local prostitutes.
The app is compromised
I have been using this app for some time now. Recently, my Notification Center is being bombarded with porn spam messages. I manually check all my feeds on a computer and they are clean. I have tried reaching out to the developer and no response; the developer is MIA. I’m going to park this app for an updated one. This review is intended to warn others that the app is outdated and may have been compromised.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andras Porffy
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Andras Porffy
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.