The app features state of the art dice simulating features like:
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20-sided number dice.
- Coins and Fudge +/- dice.
- D100 dice rolls using two special 10-sided dice.
- Decently realistic physics simulation with collisions, shake detection and device gravity option.
- Configure how you want the app to work by setting actions for tapping, shaking etc.
- Configure what buttons and interface elements you want to show.
- Create presets of dice combinations to roll quickly.
- Drag to move and group dice.
- Tap to remove or lock dice when re-rolling.
- Roll dice of two different colors/materials together, getting a separate total for each.
- Shake to quickly re-roll the current dice.
- Dice collision sounds.
- Realistic bad luck.
And it's pretty nice looking with:
- Detailed nicely rounded dice models with high-resolution textures.
- Per-pixel dynamic lighting with bump mapping, reflections and soft shadows.
- Clean modern interface.
- Many different dice materials to choose from (Like red, white, pink, orange, steel, obsidian, gold, or even glowing radio-active or magical dice)
- A bunch of backgrounds to choose from (Like different color felt, wood, metal, leather, slate or cloth)
** NO IN-APP PURCHASES, NO ADS ***
Since this received a lot of negative user reviews there is no longer a free version of the app to download and try with an in-app purchase to unlock the full functionality. Instead the app now costs money, but everything is included with no extras to purchase.
NOTE: This is just a dice roller simulator, a substitute for actual dice. It is not a game or specialized tool for specific complex dice rolling calculations or scenarios. It's just dice, you roll them and you get numbers. However, as you can lock and combine dice you can easily use it to play simple dice games like yatzee or such.
For more iOS apps and Mac applications, go to
- Adds an option to speak the total dice result.
- Fixes a bug with tapping to lock dice on devices with 3d touch (iPhone 6S and later).
- Fixes a bug where the iPhone version would always be stuck in portrait mode regardless of setting.
Ratings and Reviews
Long time user
For what I've gotten out of this app for having put in, it's beyond 5 star for me. That IS coming from having it installed before it had enough features to get a price tag, but I think that makes the developer seem better. They really do care about having a good functional application and having watched it grow I'd say it's worth the price it is now!
App name fits. Nice Dice. No doubt.
You need a dice roller?...Get this! It’s beautiful, accurate, and as visually satisfying as real dice. You will have to do your own “roll 4 keep three” etc. but I predict you will not miss functions as that with this app. I am a seasoned gamer (40+ years rpg gaming) and I want a dice app that I can bring to the game and use if I need to. Nice dice.
Happy Gaming all!
Nice App! Sound Effects Too Soft
This is a great little app if you need to roll dice. The only complaint I have is that the sound effects of the dice rolling and hitting each other is very faint. I have my iPhone's volume turned all the way up, and I can barely hear the dice. I wish they were a little bit louder or had a control in the app that could raise or lower the volume.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.