Aurora Alerts is an app designed to monitor real-time auroral activity and push alert to let you know if there may be aurora borealis (northern lights) visible tonight. Whenever you are home or away, Aurora Alerts will notify you if the possibility of seeing the northern lights exists.
- short-term aurora forecast for next hour with weather conditions and moon Illumination
- long-term aurora forecast for the next 3 days with weather conditions
- long-term northern lights forecast for the next 27 days
- show probability to see Northern Lights based on your or custom location
- current auroral activity (based on observed and predicted Kp Indices from U.S. Air Force Weather Agency)
- weather forecast to check visibility conditions before planning to see northern lights
- solar wind data directly from the NASA satellite (wind speed, Bz, Bt and density)
- unlike many other apps, it uses the local time instead of UTC
- when northern lights may be visible at current or custom location at the horizon or overhead
- Kp index reaches chosen value
- solar wind data reach chosen values
- you can filter out alerts based on time of the day
Boost your chances of viewing the northern lights!
-fixed a bug that may occur for some users
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hoping for some glitch fixes
Hi- I just upgraded to an iPhone 8, with the latest iOS, today. When I tried to open this app to use it, it immediately crashes. I’m disappointed, because I used to use it with my iPhone SE and the previous iOS, with no problems. It has been an extremely useful app, and up until now, I’d have given it 5 stars. Any chance the bugs will be fixed soon? Or that you have a solution? Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Hello! There were temporary problems with datasource. Now it works fine!
Just about perfect
What a great app for anyone interested in taking pictures of the Northern Lights, meteor showers, the stars and night sky...really anything in low light conditions or needing to be slowed down or a longer exposure. I live in FBKS AK and just started trying to photograph the Northern Lights this winter using my IPhone 8. Using your app has brought my photos up to a completely different level!!! Being a newbie, I really like your tutorials and suggestions when a new mode is selected but wish there was even more of them...especially when in settings and changing interval time, video options, etc. Now....if I could just magically change the aperture of my phone’s camera and become a professional photographer in the 3-4 months of summer and the Midnight Sun! Definitely worth the few dollars invested when looking at my results and hearing the comments about my pics!
I would say this is a good app to have when traveling threw the Aurora country. I live in Alaska and it does a fairly good job of keeping me up to date on when I need to go out to get my best professional Aurora shots. But some times it’s not really great on accuracy for my location. I recommend a few more options for information on what all the features mean as some of my friends that have got the app say it’s a little less user friendly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! You can click on values to get quick tip. Also in the near future I will make some info-screens. Good luck in hunting aurora!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Letovaltsev Maxim
- 83.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Maxim Letovaltsev
- In-App Purchases
- 27 days aurora forecast unlock $1.99
- Aurora forecast for 1 month $0.99
- All alert services for 1 month $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.