Embrace the notch and make your new device shine with custom bordered wallpapers!
Notched is a tool for creating cool and distinct wallpapers for your iPhone XS, XR or XS Max.
Quickly and easily make wallpapers for your home or lock screen that highlight the unique aesthetic of your new phone, in just four simple steps:
- Import any photo from your library or choose from a great selection of included images
- Set border colour, style (single line, double line, gradient or rainbow) and opacity
- Export wallpaper to your photo library
- Apply wallpaper to your home or lock screen from the Photos app, via the "Use as Wallpaper" action
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
(UPDATE) I paid the 1.99 this is a scam
This app doesn’t work. It looks good when you preview the picture with the border but when you actually try to set it as a wallpaper the effect doesn’t work
UPDATE: the developer sent me a video responding to my review that actually showed how to correctly align the wallpaper. I just wish that was implemented in the app more clearly
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear it isn’t working right for you, if you have any of the X iPhones (X, XR, XS or XS Max) it can be a little tricky setting the created wallpaper as it isn’t correctly aligned to the top by default (I’m not sure why Apple made this design decision).
Because of this it unfortunately requires a little manual adjustment, and that adjustment is different depending on if you have Reduced Motion turned on or off.
Here’s a page on my website with videos showing the process: armchairengineering.com/notched-how-to
I hope that helps, if not please get in touch via the support page and I’ll try to assist you further.
Worth the Money
This is exactly what I was looking for to make my own bordered wallpaper. Nice job. If possible, I’d love to see these future additions...
* exported wallpaper sized so no manual alignment is needed.
* lock screen and home screen specific embellishments like lightened circles for the lock screen’s flash light and camera buttons, and a home screen lightened or colored area for the dock.
* access to other Photos folders, like the Recent or even Hidden folder, because that’s where I keep my wallpapers.
Makes the notch wonderful
Suggestion: let me browse my photo albums not just “moments”. Love this app. Very creative and easy to use
- David Caddy
- 51.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 David Caddy
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.