This is the "iPhone only" version of Notebooks. If you want to run it on your iPad, too, you might want to pick the universal version of Notebooks, which is available here on the App Store, too.
Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, store and organize files, and manage tasks and projects. It converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well.
So if you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is exactly what you are looking for.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter (including encryption)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
So you see, whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information and a complete list of features, please visit our website.
Address an issue that prevented Notebooks from opening certain URLs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is my first app review ever. Notebooks is PERFECT for someone looking for a clean and functional workspace to get their thoughts and documents organized, especially if using multiple devices. After many months of wasting time trying to get all my information organized in Evernote (I really wanted to love it), I finally decided there had to be something better out there. I just downloaded Notebooks on my Mac, iPad and iPhone yesterday and set up the DropBox sync using the instructions the developer provided on his website. I’ve already seen a HUGE increase in my productively and a HUGE decrease in my frustration and anxiety over delayed or conflicting syncs. This is so perfect and my work flow is already so much more streamlined and simplified. I am a busy mom and I don’t have time for or need all the bells and whistles. I love that Notebooks is minimal, yet super versatile! I also love that there is no ongoing fees or subscription required. Another bonus is that a voice note function is built right into the app so that I don’t lose any of my ideas before I have a change to type them up. I’m so happy with every aspect of this app - game changer for sure!!! THANK YOU.
Still the best
I've been using this app for a couple of years now, and it's still the best note app by far. For me the biggest necessity in a note app is nested folders, because I like to organize my notes into categories and sub-categories. Notebooks does all this incredibly well, and is very intuitive to use. The one thing I wish was changed: when navigating to a different folder, it lists all the folders and sub-folders on one big screen, which can be difficult to navigate if you are like me and have a bunch of sub-folders. It's easy enough to just back out of the folder I'm working in, back to the main home page, then find my way back down to the folder I want. But it would be nice if the "Go to folder..." function only showed the top layer of folders, so I wouldn't have to scroll past all my sub-folders to get there. But otherwise this app is perfect!
I Love it
This app is wonderful!! It is easy to pick up and start writing with! I love the ability to make books and separate chapters from each other. The fact that you can organize chapters in a book in a different way then your writing library/other books is really handy and helps me keep track of things. The app also has a great dark mode and plenty of fonts and customization to make it perfect for you. Being able to have an indent key and easy ways to bold and italicize is real handy. Every time I open this app I find another great feature. My praise is endless. Keep up the great work! This app is a keeper for sure.
- Alfons Schmid
- 52 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2019 Alfons Schmid
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.