The first 1000 days of life lay the foundation of all life learning. The Oliiki app helps parents by providing them with an activity a day for their bump or baby. Each activity is written by teachers and parents and grounded in research. It tells parents what to do, why they should do it and how to do it, it also provides them with the research behind it.
Playing in the right way encourages learning which happens from the earliest of days: ‘Great Learning From the Start’.
The education focused activities are developed for your baby’s specific age & brain development stage. At the end of each activity, you will see which areas of brain development you have stimulated. Babies’ brains don’t develop in a straight line and some areas are more active at times than others, so, depending on the age of your baby there will be more of a focus on some areas than others.
The areas that are covered by the Oliiki First 1000 Days are:
• Emotional control – how your baby expresses and controls their emotions over time
• Habitual ways to respond – routines, resilience, confidence, physical control
• Language – communication, reading, speech, the beginnings of pencil control and writing
• Hearing - Hearing is vital for the development of many key skills: language, reading, writing, social skills and for understanding of the world around us. Our sense of hearing plays a crucial role, providing the basis for speech and communication skills
• Visual development - opportunities to develop the circuits in their brains that control vision at the appropriate time
• Number - the ability to apply maths concepts in all areas of life
• Conceptualisation - the action or process of forming a concept or idea
• Peer and social – the skills necessary for interaction with others; self-control, empathy and verbal communication
Oliiki’s Special Feature - Buy one Give One
The moment you buy the Oliiki app, not only will your child benefit, but we will open the window of opportunity for another less privileged child by sharing one with our non-profit partners. All thanks to you.
With Oliiki’s First 1000 Days you get:
In the main area of the app
• Daily activities that build to a fully browsable library – each activity is outlined in detail to make it easy to follow
• An explanation of how and why each activity is going to help develop your child & how it relates to learning
• Tips on how to complete the activities with confidence
• A list of the resources that you will need if any
• An explanation of the research that is the basis of the activity and a link to that research for further investigation
• A chart to show what areas of the brain you have helped to develop with the activity you have covered today
• Browse via today’s activities, this week’s activities, via the age of your child or the subject area you are interested in developing. Depending on the age of your child, some subject areas will contain fewer activities as we have ensured that we focus on the areas where your baby’s brain is developing most rapidly. Don’t worry, each area is covered at the appropriate time
In the profile section:
• Personalise by adding a picture of your baby and your baby’s details
• In the profile section, watch as each area of brain development builds as you complete the Oliiki activities
How to use the app:
• Complete an activity a day
• Explore the activity, understand how it links to learning
• Find out why it is important for your baby’s development
• Understand how to complete it with confidence
• Still want to know more? Read the research that backs it all up
There is no pressure to keep up with the daily activities. The app is building a library for you to do as and when you are ready. It is for friendly support not to add pressure.
- Oliiki Ltd
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Oliiki 2020
- In-App Purchases
- First trimester $11.99
- Second trimester $11.99
- Third trimester $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.