Your community needs you. Share safely with no-contact pickups.
**One of Apple's 'Best New Apps'. Featured by the BBC, Guardian, Wired, Time Out, Gizmodo, and The Sunday Times**
►WELCOME TO OLIO◄
Connect with your neighbours so that surplus food and other household items can be shared, not thrown away. Everything on OLIO is available for free.
►HOW IT WORKS◄
○ Adding things to OLIO is easy. Simply snap a photo of your item, add a brief description and provide pick-up details. A lovely neighbour will be delighted to take it off your hands.
○ Just browse what is available near you, request anything that takes your fancy and message to arrange a pick-up. It’s as easy as that.
►EXAMPLE OF THINGS SHARED◄
Food items shared on OLIO include fresh homegrown veg from gardens, bread from local bakeries, and unwanted food when starting a diet, moving house or going on holiday. Other household items shared on OLIO include toiletries, cleaning products, clothes, furniture, toys and kitchen gadgets.
►WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING◄
"This app will stop you chucking good food out and give it to your neighbours instead" - Metro
"OLIO aims to match up unwanted food with eager consumers. Think Tinder for your tins, or a fostering service for your fridge and fruit bowl' - Telegraph
"The process is simple and just like Freecycle but for food." - Lifehacker
►OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE◄
○ DISTANCE – see how near each item is to you
○ NOTIFICATIONS – get notifications when you receive a message from another user or when new items near you is added to the app
○ SHARE – OLIO will work better the more people who use it. So please share on Facebook and Twitter, or use our refer a friend feature
OLIO be used anywhere in the world, so please install today!
OLIO is supported by the iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and is optimised for the iPhone 5 and higher. We do not recommend using OLIO on the iPod Touch. Download OLIO now and join The Sharing Revolution!
- Updated onboarding, including a community pledge
- Share to social for MADE listings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As kids we were taught to eat our veggies so they didn’t go to waste, yet as adults we’re often desensitized to the amount of unspoiled sustenance discarded worldwide every day. Olio helps find a home for unwanted edibles, using local postings that are a snap to create or browse. Whether a nearby farm is getting rid of excess rhubarb (it makes great pies, honest) or we’re going on holiday and want the chorizo meatballs in our fridge to end up on a neighbor’s plate instead of in the trash, Olio is a feel-good way to reduce food waste.
Great concept! Wish there was more activity in my area
I have sent both food items and non food items to new homes and really feel good about that. I also benefited from a big batch of coconut milk which was nice. There could be a bit more activity. Also I did make a request and was never answered for an offering. Other than that I think it’s helpful
Awesome app to help end waste!
This app is great for finding a home for things that would otherwise be wasted, and to help create a more sustainable world for all of us. The community is kind and responsive, and the app is easy to use with a clear and helpful interface. It’s a great way build community and get to know your neighbors in a friendly way. Everyone should be on here!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.