Opal is the #1 app for Digital Wellbeing. Join thousands of people saving time daily, experiencing more productivity, better sleep, lower stress and better focus each day. Our app uses a science-backed approach to disconnect distractions from your phone, set intentions, schedule time off and focus on what matters to you.
** Opal is the only thing keeping me focused on deep work days ** — Zach
Screen time affects all of our lives. Opal is the perfect app for people looking to reduce their daily screentime, but also for people who want increased focus, less stress and better sleep. Using proprietary technology, Opal can disconnect distractions on your phone and help you stay on track.
You can start Opal for short sessions of 5, 10, 60 minutes or throughout the entire day in the background. You can also schedule focus sessions throughout the week where apps will automatically be blocked. For example during your Sleep, Work, Morning, Study schedules. Opal will fit with your schedule and adapt to your life.
- Save up to 4 hours each day
- Reduce stress
- Improve productivity at work
- Unplug with family and friends
- Better Sleep and Mornings
- Improve focus when you need it most
- 100% Guilt-Free and Private
- Disconnect distracting apps on your phone, for short sessions of 5, 10, 60 minutes or throughout the day in the background.
- Set a timer and write your intention before using apps.
- Focus timer that blocks distracting apps without any way to bypass.
- Schedule focus time daily where apps will automatically start blocking. For example during your Sleep, Work, Morning, Study schedules.
- Check your progress with “Time Saved”. Every time Opal blocks a distracting app we calculate time you saved. "Blocked distractions'" will let you know each time Opal prevents a distracting app from connecting.
CREATE A PERSONALIZED APP LIST
You can add or remove Apps and Websites that qualify as distracting directly from Opal settings in the app. You can find settings by tapping on the settings icon.
We all need different things, you can enable 100+ apps to Opal, including most popular:
- And 100s of others including News, Adult, Gambling categories.
We use Apple's local VPN technology in order to monitor and disconnect apps you use. Installation is easy and takes a few seconds on your iPhone.
PRIVACY COMES FIRST
Unlike most apps, Opal works entirely on your phone and personal browsing data never leaves your device.
HEAR IT FROM THE COMMUNITY
"This week, I’ve started using Opal to establish healthier boundaries with my phone (aka stop doomscrolling) and let me tell you - BOY HOWDY am I a fan. Already noticing just how ~STRESSED~ doomscrolling was making me. And creating better habits via elimination." - Erin
"Weird to think that an app would make me use my phone less... Opal but is the only thing keeping me focused on deep work days" - Zach
"Never in a bazillion years did I think I would be below 3 hours of screen time a day. My mood is SO much better." - Kristi
Subscription pricing and terms:
Opal offers an auto-renewing monthly subscription and an auto-renewing yearly subscription to provide you with unlimited access to Opal while you maintain an active subscription. Opal also offers a Lifetime subscription which is paid for by a one-off upfront payment with unlimited access to Opal forever.
Read about our terms and conditions here:
1. Okay so we heard all your feedback about the previous UI and went back to the drawing board and went back to basics with a simpler UI with tabs at the bottom instead of having an information overload on one screen. We hope you like this one better!
2. A simpler home screen with a redesigned experience when connecting and disconnecting apps.
3. A separate tab for all your schedules so they're all neat in one place.
4. A new 'Learn' tab where we'll keep adding new tips and tricks in the form of Stories to help you make the most out of Opal.
5. A revised onboarding experience for people who are new to the app.
Please report any bugs you might face by either shaking your phone while Opal is open or taking a screenshot of the app.
We’d really appreciate it if you could submit any feedback you may have on https://opal.pm/ideas as it helps us prioritize new features better.
You can also DM us @withopal on Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com
Thank you for signing up and using Opal!
Opal is your digital wellbeing assistant. Take control of your phone, save time and find focus each day with the Opal app. Once installed on your phone, distracting apps like Instagram, Twitter and others won’t connect to the internet until you decide to use them intentionally.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is a lifesaver! My screentime was reduced by three hours thanks to Opal. It's so much more effective than screentime or other productivity apps because it makes you conscious of why you're using a distracting app. You can also choose which apps or types of apps to block so you can use apps that don't distract you while Shield mode is on. Highly recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Hey! We're so happy to hear that Opal has been helpful to you! Please don't hesitate to reach out at any time, we're here for you :)
Busy NY Trooper Surgeon
Opal helps me relax when I am home with my family. I am a physician and I have been working tirelessly over the last many months. When I get home I am usually exhausted and before having Opal I would choose to surf Facebook, and my timeline would be full of concerning updates related to COVID-19. After a long day of work, this was not how I wanted to spend my time.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we are so happy to hear that Opal has helped you improve your digital wellbeing! 🙂 Please feel free to reach out to us at any time! - Team Opal 💎
Opal is extremely helpful in making me realize how often I go on social media during “breaks” in my day. I use it during the school year and finals, and specifically, lock time allows me to stay focused for longer. Opal is intuitive and easy to use, and is an easy way to start controlling your phone and social media usage.
Developer Response ,
Hey gem! We're so happy to hear that Opal has been helpful to you! Please don't hesitate to reach out at any time, we're here for you! – Team Opal
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OPAL OS CORPORATION
- 89.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Opal OS Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Opal Premium (Yearly) $59.99
- Monthly Plan $7.99
- Lifetime Plan $399.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.